Chinese name:
Employee of the Shijingshan Real Estate Development Co.
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Xin'an Forced Labor Camp, Beijing
Case Description:

( Mr. Li Yuejin from the Shijingshan District in Beijing was illegally arrested for the fifth time on August 12, 2012. He was later sentenced to the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp. During his detention, he developed serious symptoms of a heart problem, and was then released on medical parole on April 3, 2013. Mr. Li died on the morning of October 1, 2013.

Mr. Li developed the symptoms of a heart problem after he was given an injection in the labor camp. It is suspected that he was purposely poisoned by the guards. Mr. Li had said before he died, “It is so evil there (referring to the labor camp), and they persecuted me like this.”

Mr. Li Yuejin began to practice Falun Gong in 1993, and was one of the volunteers in charge of a practice site in the Shijingshan District. He has been arrested many times since the Chinese regime initiated the persecution of Falun Gong. He was once arrested and taken to a notorious place called the Beijing Legal Training Center. He was sentenced four times to a forced labor camp, where he was brutally tortured. For example, he was forced to stay under the baking sun for a long time, which made him faint. Due to the long term persecution, he developed diabetes. He was fired from his company and lived a very difficult life.

Mr. Li wrote a letter to the director of the Beijing Police Department after he was released from where he was first sentenced to a labor camp. He told the director that persecuting Falun Gong practitioners was wrong. The director later decided to arrest him.

Mr. Li was arrested with practitioners Ms. Ma Kun and Ms. Wang Kunqi when they went to the Beijing Military Museum on March 5, 2005. That evening Mr. Li and Ms. Wang's homes were ransacked, and Mr. Li's electronic book and two Shen Yun DVDs were confiscated. Mr. Li was held at the Shijingshan Detention Center, and brutally beaten until he lost consciousness. He almost became blind in one eye as a result of the beating. One arm was severely injured after being twisted behind his back.

Mr. Li was later sent to a forced labor camp for the third time. At the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp, he was deprived of sleep for long periods of time. His vision was deteriorating and he developed heart problems. His legs developed the symptoms of Buerger's disease.

Mr. Li was arrested at home by officers from the Mentougou Police Station and the Shijingshan Domestic Security Division on April 27, 2007. This was his fourth arrest. During his detention, his family was not allowed to see him.

Officers from the Beijing Police Department, Haidian Police Department and Xiangshan Police Station worked together to arrest Mr. Li on August 2, 2012. His cell phone, computer, travel card, MP4 player and satellite dish were confiscated. He was sentenced to two and a half years of forced labor and taken to the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp in Beijing. He was later transferred to the Xin'an Forced Labor Camp. In the labor camp, Mr. Li refused to write the three statements to renounce his belief. Instead, he clarified the truth to them. When he was persecuted to have the symptoms of a heart problem and diabetes, his family asked for his release on medical parole. Officials at the camp also wanted to get rid of him, but officer An Shengjun from the Bajiao Police Station, who was in charge of Mr. Li, didn't agree.

Mr. Li was released on medical parole on April 3, 2013. Shortly after the hospital treatment, his blood vessels became coagulated and hard. Three major blood vessels which connect with his heart were blocked. He died on the morning of October 1, 2013.

Haidian Detention Center: +86-10-62400850

Related articles:|Mr. Li Yuejin from Beijing Died as a Result of Persecution