Chinese name:
Huili County
Manager of Huili County Candy and Pastry Factory
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Nanmusi Women’s Forced Labor Camp
Case Description:

( After Ms. Luo Junling was arrested for clarifying the truth to others, she was subjected to all kinds of torture, including being hung up by her handcuffed wrists, as well as beatings, and sleep deprivation. She was tortured until on January 2, 2004, she died.

In November 2002, Ms. Luo Junling and three other Falun Gong practitioners were arrested and detained at the Panzhihua Detention Center, where they were tortured by officers from the Panzhihua National Security Division.

Soon after she was detained, Luo Junling was twice "interrogated outside" at night, as the persecutors dared not interrogate practitioners in public. Officers instead set up a room specifically to torture Falun Gong practitioners at "Xinyuan Village" at Wushisi (name of the area).

One time, as soon as she stepped out, Ms. Luo was handcuffed and her head was covered with a black plastic bag. Due to difficulty in breathing, she became very sweaty. She was then hung up by her handcuffs for twenty-four hours, and was beaten and shocked with electric batons. When she returned to the detention center, she had wounds all over her body.

The second time, she was taken out on a cold winter night, wearing only a thin layer of clothes. She suffered even more severe torture this time. She was hung up for two days. Vicious policewomen Zhang Bailin and Tian Ping took turns torturing her. They burned her soles and palms with a lighter, struck her facial acupuncture points with wooden sticks, and beat her using a stool with metal legs. After the stool broke into pieces, they even put the metal legs around her head. She lost consciousness several times, and they poured cold water on her to wake her up. She was almost numb at the end. The doctor hurriedly came and carelessly examined her, then sent her back to the detention center. Upon returning to the detention center, she was unable to walk, had injuries all over her body, and her eye movements were slow. Because she had been hung up for so long, her hands were still cold and numb. This had still not healed six months later.

In March 2003, Luo Junling was sentenced to a forced labor camp for one year. She was sent to Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Sichuan Province, where she was hung up by her handcuffed wrists, tied up, shocked with electric batons, and deprived of sleep. Six people watched her every day. If she closed her eyes, the inmates beat her. They didn't allow her to use the bathroom. Luo Junling went on a hunger strike to protest.

When Luo Junling was released on November 4, 2003, she was unable to speak and extremely emaciated and weak. She was also mentally traumatized, and her whole body was bloody. Her back, legs and arms were covered with wounds, and all of her teeth were loose due to the torture. She also suffered severe headaches. Two months later, on the morning of January 2, 2004, she passed away.

Related articles:|Factory Manager Ms. Luo Junling Died as a Result of Torture
Chinese version available at: