Chinese name:
Weifang City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Case Description:

Mr. Guo Huiming, 72 years old, was from Ze Erzhuang Village in Beiyuan Street, Weifang City. His wife Ms. Cui Zuimin, 66, was a retired worker from the Weifang City Leather Factory. They started to learn Falun Gong in 1996. Their various illnesses disappeared, and their family members started to practice, as well. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, they went to the city government to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. Their three sons went to Beijing several times to appeal. They were often harassed and threatened, and lawless persons frequently searched their home. Sometimes so many of their family members were arrested that only Ms. Cui Zhimin was left alone at home.

In October 2000, in order to speak out on behalf of Falun Gong and Teacher, Mr. Guo Huiming went to Beijing to appeal. On the way there, he was arrested and brought back. He was illegally incarcerated, fined, and the electricity to his home was cut off.

On April 6, 2002, his youngest son Guo Jiasheng was arrested and incarcerated in the brainwashing class at the Weifang City Industrial Training School. Due to Teacher's compassionate protection, he once again escaped with the power of his righteous thoughts. He went into exile to avoid further persecution. During the night of October 28, 2002, Guo Jiasheng was again arrested in his rented place. Personnel from the Weifang City Police Department were responsible. He was incarcerated in the Kuiwen District Detention Center and tortured. He was subsequently sent to the notorious Changle Forced Labor Camp, where he suffered cruel torture at the hands of the policemen and collaborators. The perpetrators in Weifang City did not notify his family of his plight until a year later. Not knowing whether his son was alive or dead, Mr. Guo Huiming could no longer bear the physical and mental stress and died on February 11, 2003.

Due to the persecution, Guo Jiasheng's eyesight started to fail, and he was so thin that his family members barely recognized him. In August 5, 2003, Weifang City officials illegally sentenced him to 10 years and incarcerated him in the Shandong Province Prison in Jinan City.

His mother Ms. Cui Zhimin could not bear such severe mental anguish and died on December 14, 2004.

Chinese version available at: