Chinese name:
Retired doctor in Hefei Industrial University
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Hefei Brainwashing Center
Case Description:

( Ms. Jiang Cuiping, a retired doctor from the Hefei University of Technology, died at the age of 74 at 4:30 a.m. on February 2, 2013 after she had suffered endless harassment, threats, house searches and arrests from officers of the Chinese communist regime.

Ms. Jiang Cuiping

Ms. Jiang was kind and gentle, and she lived alone. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1993. Both her body and mind benefited from her practice. She followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, always putting others first, and helped others quietly with all of her heart. Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners in July 1999, she had been repeatedly persecuted, but she never gave up her belief.

The Luyang District 610 Office directed officers from the Anqing Road Police Station and the Security Office of the Hefei University of Technology to harass Ms. Jiang at home in August 2012.

One day in late September, several strong men broke into her home claiming to be officers from the Anqing Road Police Station. They asked her immediately after they entered her home, “Jiang Cuiping, you know Zheng Deming, don't you?” She said no, but they yelled, “Hm, not honest. Zheng Demin said that your home is a materials production site, and you have a computer and printer.” She replied, “Do you think I look like a person who makes materials?”

They shouted, “Don't quibble. Come with us.” They dragged her to the first floor, pushed her into a police car, and took her to the Anqing Road Police Station. Some of them began interrogating her. The others drove back to her home, searched it, and took all of her Falun Dafa books, materials, and disks. It was not until late at night that her son was allowed to take her home.

She was sad, scared, and worried day and night. She slowly became ill, and her doctor diagnosed her with lung cancer in October. She gradually recovered with the help of fellow practitioners.

After the 18th Congress of the CCP in November, a group of officers broke into her home, saying they were from the Baohe District 610 Office and the Security Office of the university. They said, “Don't be scared. We won't search your home this time, but just want you to come with us.” She replied, “I won't go anywhere, as this is my home.” The officers rushed towards her and carried her downstairs, pushed her into a police car, and took her directly to the brainwashing center operated by the Hefei 610 Office.

The following is Ms. Jiang's personal account of being taken to the brainwashing center.

Two women knocked on my door between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on November 22, 2012. Once the door was open, seven or eight people rushed into my home. The women said that they were from the university south neighborhood committee. A tall man introduced himself as Wang. Later I learned that he was secretary of the Baohe District Brainwashing Center. Another young man told me he was from the Political and Legal Affairs Committee (PLAC). Others were officers from the Anqing Road Police Station and the University Security Office. There were people standing in the hallway outside my home. There were many people in my home and I told them that they had repeatedly intruded and harassed me for many years. It's my right to practice and cultivate Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, as freedom of belief is protected by the Constitution. Our Teacher teaches me to be a good person, not to fight back or curse. Their repeatedly searching my home has shown that they intentionally violated the law while they were supposed to enforce the law. They were committing a crime. I have been unable to eat because of the harassment, yet they still keep coming.

The man from the PLAC said, “We won't search your home this time. We want you to clarify something at the university south neighborhood committee. You will be back in two hours.” I knew their intention was to deceive me and take me to the brainwashing center, and so I said I wouldn't go. The man said, “No, you must go, but we will bring you back soon.” Their hands reached out to grab my key. I quickly held my key and walked out of my home. I locked the door after they were out and I laid down in the hallway and said, “We can talk here.” They said no, but I did not move. They lifted my arms and legs, and carried me downstairs by force. Someone got out of a car and helped them carry me into the car. None of them showed me their identification cards or any warrant during the entire period. As law enforcement agents, they did not show any respect for the law.

After the car arrived at the brainwashing center, they carried me to a room on the second floor of the hotel. Two workers from the Baohe neighborhood committee were assigned to watch me. The others all went to a restaurant to drink and eat. Wang, the secretary, later said that he was drunk. The university provided manpower as well as money to support the persecution. I said, “You keep harassing me although I am in such bad shape. You harass an unarmed elderly lady who does not fight back. Where is your conscience? I will go home.”

While I was talking, Wang came in. I said, “You are full of energy when you are asked to do bad deeds. You should know that heaven and earth knows the every thought of a person. Heaven and earth would not be fair if good and evil did not have their consequences. Good has good returns, and bad has tribulations.” The guards said, “Your trouble came from your last arrest for distributing truth clarification materials by the Domestic Security Division. We will let you go home if you write a guarantee statement here.” I replied, “You can take my life but you can't make me write any guarantee statements. The Constitution provides freedom of belief. I am not wrong to believe in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, or distribute materials. You all read the materials which teach people to be good. It's saving people.” Wang said, “I heard that you are very stubborn. Your north neighborhood doesn't count you in. You are against the CCP, and you have been classified as an 'outlawed organization.'” I said, “Our Falun Dafa doesn't interfere with politics. The CCP persecutes practitioners, so we tell others what the CCP is. Actually it's the CCP itself that cast itself down. It has killed more than 80,000,000 Chinese, and every Chinese is cursing it.” They did not say a word after that.

My family did not know my whereabouts and was very anxious. My children checked with the local police station. The officers said that they had not arrested me. My son then checked with the university north security office and was directed to the university south security office. The next day, my son brought my medical records to the university south security office, then the brainwashing center. I was released and went home with my son.

As a result of the CCP members' endless harassment and threats, Ms. Jiang had a relapse and passed away at 4:30 a.m. on February 2, 2013.

Related articles:|Ms. Jiang Cuiping, Retired Doctor at Hefei University of Technology, Dies as a Result of Persecution