Chinese name:
Worker / Agricultural Machinery Bureau of Pingjiang County, Yueyang City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Hunan Women's Prison
Case Description:

( Ms. Wang Wuhui of Hunan Province died of torture injuries on December 24, 2012. Because she refused to renounce her faith in Falun Gong, Ms. Wang was repeatedly arrested, imprisoned, and tortured in Hunan Women's Prison before she died.
Ms. Wang Wuhui

Born on August 29, 1951, Ms. Wang was a local resident in Yaoyue Economic Development District, Pingjiang County and previously worked at the Agricultural Bureau in Pingjiang County, Yueyang, Hunan Province.

She was critically ill before she found Falun Gong. Her left kidney had to be removed, but her right kidney was failing as well. She was bedridden for four years. In fact, her family was preparing for her death when she started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. As a result of taking up the practice, she became completely healthy in less than six months.

When the Chinese Communist regime started persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999, its state-run media began running hate-filled propaganda around the clock to incite resentment toward Falun Gong. As someone who benefited from the practice and who knew the propaganda on TV to be false, Ms. Wang felt compelled to inform people of the lies in the propaganda.

She was arrested for the first time on April 27, 2000, for exercising her constitutional right to appeal to the State Appeals Office in Beijing.

She was arrested again on November 11, 2000, for handing out materials containing important facts about Falun Gong.

She was arrested for the third time on January 18, 2001 for attempting to appeal to the State Appeals Office in Beijing. She was sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp.

She was arrested on January 21, 2002, for writing on a wall the words: “Falun Gong Is Good,” “Falun Gong is a Righteous Practice,” “The Self-Immolation Incident Was a Hoax,” and “Falun Gong Has Been Framed.” Consequently, she served four years in Hunan Women's Prison, from January 21, 2002 to January 20, 2006. She was made to do slave labor, was tortured and abused, and was once in a critical condition.

She was arrested again on June 28, 2008, for distributing materials containing facts about Falun Gong in Qinyi Village. She was sentenced to three years in Hunan Women's Prison.

Because she would not give up her faith in Falun Gong, Ms. Wang was subjected to an escalated level of torture and abuse. She was shocked with electric batons. She was beaten. She was kept in an isolated cell. She was made to stand in the sun for long hours. She was made to sit on a small stool or stand still for long hours. She was deprived of sleep. She was not allowed any visitors. She was made to work as a slave. She was even suspended by handcuff until her shoulders were dislocated and her wrists were torn.
Torture re-enactment: Hung by handcuffs

A total of seven years in prison resulted in a severe toll on her health. Her body was swollen. She had lasting high fevers. She coughed up blood. She couldn't eat. She couldn't stand. She was eventually diagnosed with kidney failure.

The prison released her on medial parole in November 2010 when she was dying.

Her family took her to Xiangya Hospital. They confirmed the kidney failure, but also discovered that all of her internal organs were failing as well. She passed away on December 24, 2012.

Ms. Wang may have died in a country without justice, but the evidence against her perpetrators has been brought to light and will be used for future legal actions.

Related articles:|Ms. Wang Wuhui Died of Kidney Failure after Being Tortured (Photos