Chinese name:
Manager / a Molding Factory in Chengdu City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Chengdu City Detention Center
Case Description:

( On the evening of September 26, 2007, officers from Shengdeng Police Station and the Domestic Security Division of Chenghua District Police Department arrested Ms. Zhou Huimin. The police ransacked her home and she was then taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Later she was detained at the Chengdu City Detention Center. On February 1, 2008, the Domestic Security Division of Wuhou District Police Department issued an "arrest warrant" for Ms. Zhou, although she had already been in custody for five months. She went on hunger strike to protest the persecution.

On February 5, 2008, guards took her to the Qingyang District People's Hospital. Some people heard her calling out in a clear voice, "Falun Dafa is great!"

On March 10, 2008, a friend of Ms. Zhou heard a Domestic Security Agent of Wuhou District Police Department say that Ms. Zhou was dying. State Security agents in Sichuan Province Police Department ordered that she not be released. The police replied, "Let her die where she is." Ms. Zhou died at 5:30 a.m. on March 13, 2008.

Ms. Zhou was illegally arrested six times since July 1999, and she was detained three times at the Sichuan Province (Nanmusi) Women's Forced Labor Camp. She endured all sorts of torture and spent a total of 856 days in detention. From September 7 to September 19, 2002, she was tortured in Qingyang District Hospital. From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day she was handcuffed and shackled.

There have been eight confirmed deaths of Falun Dafa practitioners in the Qingyang District Hospital during their detainment. The recorded cause of their deaths states,"hunger strike resulting in organ failure."

( Just a few days ago, I turned 15. My mother's name was Zhou Huimin, and she was 44 when she passed away. She used to be the manager of a molding factory. Just a few days ago, my kind and healthy mother was tortured to death. In the 198 days since my mother was illegally arrested, we worried and feared for her day and night.

With great sorrow, I remember the days I spent together with my mother and mourn her. I want to call for the termination of the persecution so that such tragedies will no longer happen.

When I was just a few months old, my father divorced my mother. I never knew what he looked like. In order to raise me, my mother had to work while taking care of me. At a very early period, she made wise investments, but arduous work and huge pressure took a toll on her health. She developed serious neurosis, tachycardia, gastric disease, amygdalitis, as well as other problems. When these symptoms were the most serious, she was not able to work due to the pain, and nearly became a disabled person. It was at this time that she became familiar with Falun Gong. After she began to practice Falun Gong in 1998, she quickly became health and happy. All of her diseases vanished. In particular, she became much more mild-mannered.

But soon the CCP launched their persecution of Falun Gong. My mother was subjected to many inhumane mistreatments for persisting in her belief. After she was illegally arrested from a friend's home in Dujiangyan City, Xu Wenhai of the 610 Office in Dujiangyan City, and He Qin, Director of the Zhongxin Police Station in Dujiangyan City, handcuffed her hands to a headboard and her feet to the bed board from May 21 to July 8, 2003. For 49 days, she could not move at all. As a result, her heart rate reached 160 beats per minute; her arms became stiff; her muscles around the a wound in her right leg atrophied and became infected, so that she could no longer move her right leg.

At about 9 p.m. on September 26, 2007, police officers from the State Security Division in Chenghua District, Chengdu City broke into my home and arrested my mother again. At first, she was detained in the Xinjin Brainwashing Center and subjected to mistreatment. On February 1, 2008, she held a hunger strike to protest the illegal persecution. On February 5, 2008, she was taken to the notorious former Qingyang District People's Hospital. Upon arrival, she shouted loudly in the main entrance, "Falun Dafa is good!"

Soon after she was in the hospital, and she became critically ill. All those involved in the persecution, the provincial State Security Bureau, the city State Security Bureau, and the State Security Division under the Wuhou District Police Department did not take the trouble of notifying our family. It wasn't until mother's cousin went to see her on March 10, 2008 that the officers notified him that she was near death. When he saw mother, she had fallen into a coma. She was as thin as a rail. He requested her release so that her relatives could take care of her, but the officers merely told him to prepare her funeral arrangements, claiming that the provincial State Security Bureau would not allow her to be released. They said, "Even were she to die, she has to do it here."

Afterwards, I heard that some police officers proposed releasing her, but the provincial State Security Bureau said that Falun Gong was a major target as the Olympics approached, and denied her release.

With grief and indignation, I want to say that I love peace and hope that the CCP would honor the promises it made when competing to host the Olympic Games to improve human rights, including stopping the persecution of Falun Gong, and not to commit murder in the name of protecting the Olympic Games.

When I was very young, mother was busy with work and was in bad health, so she had to entrust me to another family. The whole family was very kind to me, but I was stubborn, disobedient, and often made my adopting parents upset. Before, my mother often came to see me. But after I turned six years old, she was illegally arrested a total of seven times and sentenced to labor camp three times, so she was not able to take care of me. After she was released at the end of 2005, she took me to her home during winter and summer vacation. Mother's change after she practiced Falun Gong also impacted me. I became more sensible and obedient. My academic record greatly improved and I became the best student in my class.

When I stayed with my mother, her words, deeds and consideration of others helped me learn many principles about proper behavior. In order to repay my adoptive parents, my mother gave them a large amount of money when I was first sent to their home. After she was released and returned to her work, she sent a subsidy to my adoptive parents each month. My mother never told me about the money that she sent to them, thinking that it might reduce my gratitude towards them. I learned this only after my mother's death.

Mom, I can feel your compassion. Mom, I know that you were validating that "Falun Dafa is good" with your life, awakening too many insensitive consciences with your life, and saving sentient beings with your life. You were unwilling to see those who did not believe that Falun Dafa is good and who still persecuted practitioners run into disaster in the future. If the people do not punish them, heaven will do that.

At present, it is raining. Mom, do you feel cold? No, definitely not since I saw you shining with the light of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Mother left. If her death could awaken more lives, that may be a consolation for us.

Those in the police, I want to tell you with sincerity not to persecute kindhearted people like my mother any more. Good will be rewarded with good, and evil will meet with its retribution. If you treat Falun Gong practitioner kindly, you will have a good future.

Mom, I know that your courage comes from your selflessness. Dear Mom, I will remember you forever. People in the future will be grateful to Falun Gong practitioners for their selfless devotion.

Related articles:|Ms. Zhou Huimin Dies in Police Custody in Sichuan Province|Mourning My Mother Ms. Zhou Huimin|Remembering Fellow Practitioner Ms. Zhou Huimin|An Account of the Persecution Suffered by Ms. Zhou Huimin