Chinese name:
Agricultural machinery engineer
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Xiangfang Detention Center
Case Description:

( Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liang Jinshu, an agricultural machinery engineer, became paralyzed as a result of abuse in detention. He died on February 17, 2013, at the age of 63.

Mr. Liang was illegally arrested at his rental home on Liancao Street in Xiangfang District, Harbin City, on July 5, 2012. Officers from the Jinxiang Street Police Station in Xiangfang District made the arrest. After being held in police custody, Mr. Liang was taken to the Xiangfang District Detention Center. The court plotted to sentence him to 10 years in prison.

Mr. Liang had been healthy before the arrest. After three months in detention, however, he became paralyzed on one side of the body and completely incontinent. He was released on medical parole in mid-October 2012 and returned home after two weeks of hospital treatment. He remained lethargic and in poor health until his untimely death just a few months later.


Mr. Liang, originally from the Baoquanling Agricultural Reclamation in Luobei County, Hegang City, had been working in Binxi Town, Bin County, Harbin City, in recent years.

On November 9, 2011, officers from the 610 Office of the Baoquanling Agricultural Reclamation and the local police department arrested four practitioners. The police ransacked the practitioners' homes and then drove more than 250 miles to Binxi Town in an attempt to arrest Mr. Liang. He was not home, so they broke into his house and ransacked it.

In March 2012, officers from the Gongqing Police Department in Luobei County went to Mr. Liang's workplace in Binxi Town and attempted to arrest him there. Mr. Liang was forced to leave home and place of employment to avoid further persecution. Nevertheless, he was arrested shortly thereafter, on July 5, 2012.

Related articles:|Paralyzed in Detention, Mr. Liang Jinshu Died Shortly After Being Released on Medical Parole