Chinese name:
Liuxi Village/ Xinzhou District/ Wuhan
Newspaper vendor
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Liuji Brainwashing Center, Wuhan, Hubei Province
Case Description:

( Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Xu Xiwang was disabled since childhood. His left arm was smaller and weaker than his right arm and was disabled. He was arrested and taken to Liuji Brainwashing Center on March 18, 2011. He was severely beaten and injected with unknown drugs. Immediately after the injection, he became totally incontinent and delirious. He could not even recognize his acquaintances. Mr. Xu died on November 9, 2012, at the age of only 53.

Mr. Xu started practicing Falun Gong in 1996 and saw improvements to his health and general well-being. He then started to make a living selling newspapers.

After the Communist regime started suppressing Falun Gong in 1999, Mr. Xu was held at a detention center at least twice, twice held at a brainwashing center, and was subjected to constant intimidation because he was steadfast in practicing Falun Gong.

At 5:00 a.m. on March 18, 2011, Mr. Xu and his neighbors woke up from a loud sound. Officers from the local police station, comprehensive management office, and 610 Office battered and kicked on the door and windows of Mr. Xu's home. More than 10 officers broke into the home and forced Mr. Xu into the police car. His home was a mess after the ransacking.

In Liuji Brainwashing Center, two inmates were assigned to monitor Mr. Xu. They pretended to be kind to him at first, helping him with his daily needs. However, when Mr. Xu refused to comply with their demands, they began to punch and kick him. They even hit his head so hard with a shoe that he saw stars.

The brainwashing center injected Mr. Xu with unknown drugs as part of a “physical exam.” After being given two injections in the blood vessels on the inside of his elbow, Mr. Xu became delirious, his brain stopped working, and he had memory loss. He could not walk properly, his limbs began to shake uncontrollably, and he kept swaying from side to side.

Mr. Xu was released on March 29, 2011, but because he feared being arrested again, he left home. After being tortured in custody for just 12 days, Mr. Xu was so adversely affected that he could no longer recognize any of his acquaintances.

Liuji Brainwashing Center was established specifically to detain and persecute Falun Gong practitioners. Many practitioners have been persecuted there since 1999. Each practitioner is assigned several collaborators, who have been ordered to monitor the practitioner's every movement: when visiting the washroom, going for meals, and even while asleep. Practitioners have no freedom. They cannot do the exercises or talk to others, and they are forced to watch videos defaming Dafa and Master Li, the founder of Falun Dafa. They are ordered to write essays defaming Dafa and write guarantee statements to say that they will not practice Falun Gong anymore. If they refuse to comply with these demands, practitioners are shouted and sworn at, beaten, and even tortured with solitary confinement, sleep deprivation, enforced brainwashing, etc.

Related articles:|Mr. Xu Xiwang Dies after Injection Given at Brainwashing Center