Chinese name:
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Case Description:

( Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yu Xiuxiang, in her 70s, from Wendeng, Shandong Province, passed away while at home alone. Before that, on May 2, 2012, she had been arrested, had money extorted from her, and was threatened by police in the Domestic Security Team.

On May 2, she went out to tell people the facts about Falun Gong and was reported. She was then arrested by the Domestic Security Team led by Dong Chongni. She was forced to give her fingerprints, her photo was taken, and her home was ransacked. She then had 5,000 yuan extorted from her and was released in the afternoon. It was her fifth arrest and the fourth time the police had extorted money from her.

After her husband died, Ms. Yu lived alone and did not need her children to support her. Last Monday, her neighbors noticed that she had not come out for several days, and nobody came to the door when they knocked. They told her relatives, who went in through the window and found that she had passed away.

Ms. Yu Persecuted Over the Years

Ms. Yu Xiuxiang was retired from the Animal Medicine Factory in Wendeng. She once suffered from neurosis, neurasthenia, and many other health problems. In 1998, she started to practice Falun Gong and they disappeared. She had not needed any medicine in over ten years.

In 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched the persecution of Falun Gong with rumors and denouncements. In order to speak up for Dafa and Master Li, in 2000, she went to Tiananmen Square to hold up a banner that said, 'Falun Dafa Is Good!' The police took away her banner, put her in a police car and took her to a police station. One of them slapped her several times and interrogated her to get her address. She was put in a detention center. At that time, officer Li Yinglin in Wendeng extorted her husband out of 3,000 yuan. She was then taken back to a local detention center and detained there for another half a month. They even asked her to pay for her meals. No one gave her husband a receipt for the 3,000 yuan, and nobody knew who took the money.

In the spring of 2000, Ms. Yu went to put up truth-clarification stickers, but someone who was watching her arrested her. She was detained for a month in the Wendeng Detention Center and was asked to pay for her meals again.

At the end of May 2001, she was forcibly detained in a brainwashing center in Liangshuiwan by 610 Office agents in Wendeng, including Xiang Hongping, Liu Yujiang, Sang Hongbo, and Bi Jianwei. She was then subjected to brainwashing but resisted it. After two days, she was sent to a forced labor camp for two years, where she was deprived of sleep and forcibly brainwashed. Later on, it was learned that the Domestic Security Team hit up her family for 2,000 yuan. Ms. Yu only had 1,000 yuan, so they forced the animal medicine factory where she worked to pay another 1,000 yuan for her, which was then deducted from Ms. Yu's account in the name of medical expenses.

In 2010, Ms. Yu was arrested for telling people about Falun Gong and her home was ransacked by the Domestic Security Team led by Xiang Hongping. Over the past 10 years, she was persecuted many times because she wouldn't give up her belief and continued to tell people the facts about Falun Gong. This harassment caused her family and children great mental strain.

On May 2, 2012, she was arrested again. After Ms. Yu was fined 5,000 yuan, her daughter said in tears, "My mother was thrifty with food and clothes all her life. Now she has to pay such a big fine."

Ms. Yu Xiuxiang's death is definitely related to the persecution by Dong Chongni and Xiang Hongping, who also understand they are doing wrong deeds. Ma Keming, Ding Mingjie, and Li Benhan never told others their names, afraid of being exposed on the Minghui website. Dong Chongni was afraid that her cell phone number would be published on the Minghui website. After it was published, she immediately went to ask those detained Falun Gong practitioners' family members who had turned in her cell phone number. Xiang Hongping is a principal person in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, and has claimed he did not believe there will be retribution.

Related articles:| Ms. Yu Xiuxiang Passes Away after Years of Persecution