Guo Shijun - 郭士军
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Guo Shijun, 52 years old, lived in Mingxing Village, Hongqi County, Nangang District in Harbin City. On February 13, 2004, officers from the Dongguan Police Station arrested him when he was distributing truth clarification materials in Dongguan Town, Shuangcheng City. He was sent to the No. 2 Detention Center in Shuangcheng City and was later illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor. He was barbarically tortured at the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp. The guards twice tied him to a metal chair for long periods of time. The first time he was tied there for two days and two nights, and the second time he was tied there for four days and four nights. On February 1, 2005, the labor camp released Guo Shijun, who was at the brink of death.He faded in and out of consciousness, could not move, constantly coughed and was in great pain. On February 3, the labor camp guards went to Guo Shijun's home and took him to a hospital for a medical examination, and also to see if he was well enough to be taken back to the labor camp. In the end they sent him back home and said, "He won't live past the Chinese New Year. He has lung cancer and liver cancer."
Guo Shijun passed away at noon on February 9, 2005.
- Exposing the Savage Treatment of Practitioners in the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in Harbin
- The Brutal Persecution of Practitioners in Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp
- After Harbin Practitioner Guo Shijun Was Tortured to Death, the Police Secretly Cremated His Body to Destroy the Evidence
- Mr. Guo Shijun Is Tortured to Death, Police Cremate His Body without Permission
- Video and Photographic Evidence of Torture: Mr. Guo Shijun Dies from Injuries Received at the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp, Harbin City (Photos)
- Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Guo Shijun Dies as a Result of Abuse at the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp (Photo)
- Over Forty Falun Gong Practitioners in Shuangcheng City Arrested for Clarifying the Truth and Exposing the Persecution Against Falun Dafa
Chinese version available at: