Sun Shuxiang - 孙淑香
Ms. Sun Shuxiang, 53, died at 4:35 p.m. on October 10, 2010. Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Sun had been arrested, detained, sentenced to forced labor, and tortured multiple times. Ms. Sun was cited as a torture victim by prominent attorney Gao Zhisheng in an open letter to top Chinese officials Hu Jintao and Wen Jiabao on December 12, 2005. He said, "Ms. Sun Shuxiang, 48, was arrested and detained 9 times during six years of persecution."
Two other Falun Dafa practitioners, Ms. Wang Yuhuan and Ms. Liu Lihua, who were interviewed by Lawyer Gao Zhisheng also died as a result of persecution.
During the early morning on September 22, 2009, Ms. Sun was taking care of her grandson in her daughter's home. Changchun City Domestic Security and 610 Office agents arrested her. For nine months, she was detained and tortured at the Changchun Police Department, Changchun No. 3 Detention Center, and Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. Ms. Sun developed serious health problems and was very thin. She had difficulty breathing, eating, and drinking. Her abdomen was full of fluid and she was extremely weak.
The labor camp finally agreed to release her on medical parole in June 2010. Even so, she was still monitored by the police. In the end, Ms. Sun couldn't recover and she passed away on October 10.
- Another Falun Gong Practitioner Cited in Gao Zhisheng Letter is Tortured to Death
- Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Sun Shuxiang Brutally Tortured at Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City
- Ms. Sun Shuxiang Close to Death in Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp after Being Arrested 12 Times
- Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Sun Shuxiang from Changchun City Tortured to Near Death Many Times
- Ms. Sun Shuxiang from Changchun City, Jilin Province on the Verge of Death Due to Torture
- Additional Persecution News from China February 13, 2007 (33 Reports)
- Sexual Torture of Falun Dafa Practitioners Perpetrated by Staff of China's 610 Office, Police and Guards