Yuan Pingjun - 袁平均
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yuan Pingjun operated a booth where she mended clothing. Her fellow practitioner, Xia Junying, is a well known tailor, and they were good friends. Ms. Xia was arrested on July 15, 2010. Ms. Yuan went to visit her family on August 1, 2010, and the police followed her back to her home. At a little past 9 a.m., on August 2, 2010, officers from the Ning'an Police Station arrested Ms. Yuan at home, ransacked her place, took her son's computer, and all her Falun Dafa books. They did not leave a list of the items confiscated according to the law. They also forced her family to pay a 550-yuan fee.
Ms. Yuan was locked in the Hebei Province Legal Education Training Center. The guards said she died around August 10, 2010, due to a fall from the fifth to the second floor. The police would not allow her family to set up a service hall to mourn her death. Ms. Yuan was very healthy at the time of her arrest, but died only ten days after being illegally detained. The brainwashing facility must be held responsible for her death, the details of which have yet to be investigated.
- Ms. Yuan Pingjun's Family Seeking Justice for Her Death
- CCP Authorities Pay 100,000 Yuan in Exchange for Silence in Ms. Yuan Pingjun's Death (Photo)
- Falun Gong Practitioner Imprisoned and Killed Just After Visiting a Friend
- Ms. Yuan Pingjun Dies under Suspicious Circumstances in Hebei Province Brainwashing Facility
- Additional Persecution News from China (22 Reports)
- From Human Rights in China Biweekly: The Protracted and Terrifying Persecution -- On Brainwashing Centers for Persecuting Falun Gong Practitioners
- An Overview of the CCPs Brainwashing Operations in 2010 (Photos)
- Family Asking Attorneys to Seek Justice in the Death of Ms. Yuan Pingjun (Photo)
- An In-Depth Look at the Criminal Nature of the Chinese Communist Party's Brainwashing Apparatus