Chinese name:
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Deyang City Prison
Case Description:

Mr. Xiao Hongmo went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa in early 2001, and was arrested and sentenced to five years of imprisonment. He served the term in Geyang City Prison and Guanyuan City Prison. He was tortured in the prisons, and lost several of his teeth due to beatings.

From August to December 2003, Mr. Xiao was detained in the Fifth Section of the Second Ward of Guangyuan City Prison. He erased an article posted on the blackboard with three other practitioners. Guards Gou Jianfeng, Miao Yun, He Zhong, and Ran Wei beat them brutally, shocked them many times with an electric baton, and beat them until they passed out. All the inmates in the Fifth Section know this for fact.

Around the 2005 New Year, guards held meeting to slander Falun Gong at the Guanyuan City Prison. Mr. Xiao shouted, "Falun Dafa is great!" so guards stepped on his neck and beat him with police batons on the floor. Mr. Xiao felt weak for a long time afterward, and he held a hunger strike to protest. The guards locked him in solitary confinement with two prisoners watching him. The cell was located at the end of a hallway, with a warning line set up on the hallway floor, warning that inmates were not allowed to enter the area. No one knows exactly what kind of torture he suffered there. He was force-fed and forced to accept intravenous injections. Deputy prison director Xie Ping and other managers tried to brainwash Mr. Xiao.

Soon after being released home, on April 18, 2008, the police arrested Mr. Xiao again while he clarifying the truth to people. Four plainclothes officers ransacked his home in the afternoon. Two additional plainclothes officers later arrived at his home and forced his daughter to sign his detention warrant, since no adult was present. He was detained in the Guangyan City Detention Center.

Mr. Xiao was secretly sentenced to another five years in prison at the Deyang City Prison. He persisted in clarifying the truth to people even inside the prison. On July 25, 2009, he was injected with an unknown drug, which caused him to become unconscious and incontinent. He was taken to Deyang City People's Hospital for emergency treatment. Prison administrators lied to his family, saying that he developed a tumor in his brain. His mother and a friend went to visit him, but they were chased out and forbidden from visiting him. He was taken to the Sichuan Province General Police Hospital in Chengdu City on July 27, 2009, and died there in mid-March 2010.