Zou Ruihuan - 邹瑞环

Chinese name:
Inner Mongolia
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Hongshan District Police Department in Chifeng City
Case Description:

Ms. Zou Ruihuan's family of nine have firmly persisted in practicing Falun Dafa, following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The local 610 Office and police have arrested all nine of them many times. Every time the family is arrested they are taken into custody for at least two days. Family members have been sent to forced labor camp, or imprisoned for several years. In 2001, five members of the family were detained at the same time. Ms. Zou's husband Mr. Zhao Dianbin has been detained twice and tortured, and died in March 2007 (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/4/16/84608.html). Their home has been ransacked countless times. In addition, the family has had several tens of thousands of yuan extorted from them by the authorities.

Intensified Persecution during the CCP's Sixty-year Anniversary

On May 6, 2009, a group of police officers went to Ms. Zou Ruihuan's home, while another group went to her son Mr. Zhao Honghai's store. Ms. Zou was at home with two elderly people in their eighties. They watched helplessly as the officers began ransacking the home and taking anything they wanted. The police came back in the afternoon and took away her computer.

In the store, the police arrested Mr. Zhao, his wife Ms. Ren Guihai, and his sister Zhao Shulan. They seized Falun Dafa books and the store's computers. As soon as the family members were taken to the Hongshan District Police Department, the officers issued a forced labor notification to Mr. Zhao and transferred him to the Wuyuan Forced Labor Camp in Inner Mongolia. However, the labor camp administration rejected Mr. Zhao because of his health condition. After several failed attempts to have him admitted to the camp, the officers finally released Mr. Zhao after they extorted money from his family.

Officers from the Hongshan District also went to Ms. Zhao Shulan's home in the Yuanbaoshan District. They seized Falun Dafa books and her computer, then detained her at the Yuanbaoshan District Detention Center. The guards there slapped her face, tortured her, and forced her to say things against her will. A four-centimeter long scar was left on her face after guard Bai Jie kicked her and her face hit the window. Bai Jie then subjected Ms. Zhao to the "stretching bed" (http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/2/11/57390.html) for two entire days. Ms. Zhao was released after two months of detention. The guards took her 2,000 yuan in cash from her purse and said that they used it for liquor.

Frightened and anxious, Ms. Zou fell sick for several days after her son and daughter's arrest. After recovering, she went to live with her younger son in the Dongan community in the Hongshan District. Staff members from the residential committee harassed her at home, searching every room in her house, including the bathroom. Ms. Zou fell sick again after that.

On October 1, officers went to Mr. Zhao Honghai's home to harass the family. Two women from the residential committee went to Ms. Zou's younger son's home and damaged his door, demanding that they open the door. When the family refused to open the door, the two women kept quarreling with them. Ms. Zou's health deteriorated again after this incident. On October 23, agents from the Yuanbaoshan District 610 Office and Education Council forced Ms. Zhao Shulan to slander Dafa against her will. On October 26, Ms. Zou Ruihuan passed away, unable to recover from the constant pressure of the persecution.