Chinese name:
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Jidong Prison
Case Description:

Mr. Wang Gang was always thinking of others and behaved strictly according to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Once he went to buy fertilizer with his neighbor. When he got home he found that the seller had given him one extra bag. He immediately rode his bike back to pay the seller for the extra bag. That same year, a sick person was lying on the street, but no one paid any attention. He carried that person on his back to the hospital.

Once he went to buy pigs with his friend, and his friend made a deal with a seller, but he told the seller that the pigs were worth much more because he could estimate the weight of each pig very accurately. His friend was not happy with him. Mr. Wang replied, "Before studying Falun Dafa, I would have dared to buy at an even lower price. But now I know I should not make money if it means going against my conscience."

Despite being a common farmer and a pure-hearted person, Mr. Wang was arrested and detained in 2003 because he practiced Falun Dafa. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison in 2004. Warden Gao Ying in the Baoding City Prison was directly responsible for Mr. Wang's brutal mistreatment. On May 19, 2005, they locked Mr. Wang in solitary confinement for 10 days. He was carried in on a bed board with three metal rods welded to the top, two shackles on his feet, and a big belt crossed-tied on his waist. He was not allowed to talk and given very little water to drink.

At around 4 a.m. on May 27, 2005, Guards Fan Jianli and Ran Lin arrived at the solitary confinement area. Fan kicked Mr. Wang's right leg said, "Who put a comforter under you?" Then he dragged the comforter out. Fan kicked Mr .Wang again and ordered him to meet him in the control room. Mr .Wang replied that his leg was extremely painful, and he could not walk. Fan ordered prisoners to drag Mr. Wang out in the hall, then ordered Mr. Wang to enter the control room himself. Mr. Wang could not stand up, so he had to crawl into the room. Fan kicked him hard again, ordered prisoners to drag him out to the hall, then told Mr. Wang to enter the room by himself again. Fan tortured Mr. Wang like this three times.

On May 28, 2005, a doctor found that that the bone, muscles, and vessels in his right leg were all dead. Warden Gao Ying refused to notify Mr. Wang Gang's family and ordered the amputation of his right leg. Only three inches of his right leg remained.

In order to cover up the crime, Baoding City Prison transferred Mr. Wang to Jidong Prison located in Tangshan City. In May 2009, Jidong Prison took the dying Mr. Wang home. However, local Yihezhuang Township police rushed to Wang Gang's home and refused to let Mr. Wang return, so Jidong Prison took Mr. Wang back.

In August 2009, Mr. Wang's family went to pick him up. Jidong Prison authorities refused to let him go. It was not until October 14, 2009, when he was diagnosed with late-stage cancer in his lymph nodes, that the prison finally released him. He died at 10 p.m. on October 31, 2009. The Village CCP secretary forced his family to bury him quickly the next day.