Fan Yaxiong - 范亚雄

Chinese name:
Zhangjiakou City
teacher/No. 15 Middle School in Zhangjiakou City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Tangshan City Forced Labor Camp
Case Description:

Dafa practitioner Fan Yaxiong, female, 42, was a teacher at the No. 15 Middle School in Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province. She lived in Erzhong Area, Qiaoxi District, Zhangjiakou City.

Before 1990, Ms. Fan used to be the provost of the middle school. Before July 20, 1999, she had been appointed vice principal of the school and was a well-respected teacher.

On July 20, 1999, Ms. Fan went to Beijing to appeal, but on her way there she was intercepted by the police. The Zhangjiakou City Police Department, Mingdenan Police Station, and the Education Committee took turns pressuring her to give up cultivation. Later she was put under house arrest and lost her personal freedom.

On January 24, 2000, Ms. Fan went to Beijing again to validate Dafa and she was arrested by officers from the Tiananmen Police Department. She was then taken to the Qiaoxi Police Station, and later sent to Xuanhua Detention Center. She went on a hunger strike to protest, and four policemen pushed her to the ground and tortured her. By the end of February, the police released her upon seeing she was in critical condition.

In early March 2000, Ms. Fan went to Beijing again to validate the Fa, even though she was penniless. On her way there, she suffered thirst and hunger. After she arrived in Beijing, she was arrested by the police and brutally beaten. Later, she was incarcerated at Xuanhua Detention Center where she was subjected to brutal torture. The director Sun led a group of police to beat Ms. Fan until she was near death. They stuffed her into a hemp sack and threw it into the prison cell. Her fellow practitioners opened the sack, and noticed that her lower back had been severely injured, her lower body couldn't move, and she was in a coma. They immediately called for help. Seeing that she was near death, the police released her.

In May 2000, Ms. Fan went to Beijing again to validate the Fa with some fellow practitioners. She was beaten nearly to death. The "610 Office" (an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration

in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems) in Zhangjiakou City sent her to the Shalinzi Mental Hospital to be tortured. They tied her up in a bed, and forcibly injected her with nerve-damaging drugs. During the period when she was detained, the police extorted over 20,000 Yuan from her using various excuses.

In June 2000, she was illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor "education." While she was detained in Tanshan Labor Camp, the police beat, kicked, and cursed her every day. She went through all kinds of physical and mental torments. The second day after she was released from the labor camp, she passed away.

Chinese version available at: