Zhao Xiangzhong - 赵香忠

Chinese name:
Xining City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Women's Forced Labor Camp in Qinghai Province
Case Description:

Falun Dafa practitioner Zhao Xiangzhong was 50 years old. She was illiterate prior to attaining the Fa. After she had attained the Fa, she was able to read Zhuan Falun and other articles from the founder of Falun Gong. Five months later, she was able to recite Hong Yin poems. After July 20, 1999, Ms. Zhao Xiangzhong was unlawfully thrown into the Women's Forced Labor Camp on four separate occasions.

The first time, she was unlawfully sentenced to 1 year of forced labor "reeducation" for going to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. The second time, she was arrested while telling others the facts about Falun Gong. She was unlawfully sentenced to 3 years of forced labor. Ms. Zhao remained firm in her belief and refused to cooperate with the evil forces. She received inhumane torture and was in serious condition. Within 3 months, she was released on parole.

The third time was during the Chinese New Year season in 2002. Ms. Zhao was abducted to the Women's Forced Labor Camp in Qinghai Province. She was held in an isolated cell for fifteen days and was released because of illness.

The fourth time was prior to the convention of the Party's 16th National Congress in November 2002. A total of six police vehicles were sent to surround Mr. He Wanji's home. The entire He family was abducted and held in custody, including two girls who were temporarily visiting Mr. He's home. One was 12 years old and the other only 2. Both girls were held in custody for over 12 hours. Ms. Zhao Xiangzhong was held in isolation at the Women's Forced Labor Camp and underwent severe persecution. She had to sleep on the cement floor in cold weather. Twenty days later, Ms. Zhao could not even walk on her own when she was released. The lower half of her body had lost all feeling and she suffered from excruciating pain from her chest up. She was unable to take in food or water. Ms. Zhao remained paralyzed in bed and in serious condition until she died on February 22, 2003.

Chinese version available at: