Tan Yingchun - 谈迎春
Ms. Tan Yingchun was a 46-year-old biology teacher at the Kunlun Middle School (also known as the Sixth Middle School) in Xining City, Qinghai Province. In 2000, she was illegally sentenced to 1 year forced labor education and incarcerated at the Women's Labor Camp in Duoba Town, Huangzhong County, Qinghai Province. Around April and May in 2001, she went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa and was arrested and held at a detention center in Tianjin City, where she was subjected to brutal torture. She was once stripped of all her clothes and tied to a metal bed [commonly known as the "death bed"]. The police then heaped ice cubes on her body, forcing her to disclose her name and address. Around July and August of 2001, she was illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor education and sent back to Qinghai to be detained at the Women's Labor Camp in Xiashilipu Town, Xining City, Qinghai Province. During her detention, she was locked up in an isolated cell, with over 30 collaborators (former practitioners who have turned against Dafa under pressure) from other provinces surrounding her everyday, attempting to brainwash her. Ms. Tan firmly resisted the evil, kept on practicing Dafa exercises, and refused to give up her belief in Dafa. Infuriated, the police and collaborators tortured her brutally. In December 2002, Ms. Tan was tortured to death.
- A Brief Account of the Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in Qinghai Province
- Disclosure of the Severe Persecution in the Qinghai Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp
- Handicapped Practitioner Arrested in Huangzhong County, Qinghai Province
- Middle School Teacher Ms. Tan Yingchun Tortured to Death at the Women's Labor Camp in Qinghai Province
- The Persecution of Miao Maoling at the Qinghai Province Women's Forced Labor Camp