Liu Jie - 刘杰
Ms. Liu Jie, 37, was an employee of the Shuangcheng City Beer Factory in Heilongjiang Province. On February 6, 2003, while distributing a New Year greeting card with the characters "Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance" on it to a passenger in their own mini-van, she and her husband were reported to the police, who then took away the couple and their van.
Ms. Liu was detained at the Second Detention Center. Her husband does not practice Falun Gong, so he was released after being illegally detained for one day in the police department, and being illegally fined 1,000 Yuan.
On February 17, 2003, the police informed Ms. Liu's family of her death. However, her family members suspected that she might have been tortured to death days before February 17.
- Liu Qingyu, Director of Shuangcheng's No. 2 Detention Center Has a History of Torturing and Murdering Falun Dafa Practitioners
- Practitioner's Death from Torture Generates Strong Reactions Locally
- Facts Surrounding the Torture Death of Practitioner Mrs. Liu Jie in Shuangcheng City Detention Center
- Female Dafa Practitioner Liu Jie Tortured to Death at the Second Detention Center of Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province (Photo)
- Additional Information on the Death of Practitioner Ms. Liu Jie in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province in 2003
- The Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Heilongjiang Province, Shuangcheng City (Continued)
- Many Heilongjiang Province Female Falun Gong Practitioners Have Died Due to the Persecution (Photos)