Zheng Cuiping - 郑翠萍

Chinese name:
Hanzhong City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Hantai Distict Detention Center
Case Description:
Ms. Zheng Cuixia, 62 and of Hui ethnicity, lived in Power Company Family Housing in the Hantai District, Hanzhong City, Shaanxi Province. She was formerly employed by the finance department of the Hantai District Local Produce Company. She began cultivating Falun Dafa in May of 1999, and many of her illnesses disappeared. She was strict with herself in abiding by the principals of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, wanting to be a highly virtuous person and always thinking of others first.

Ms. Zheng remained a diligent Falun Dafa practitioner after the persecution started on July 20, 1999. At the beginning of March 2000, she went to Beijing to speak out on behalf of the practice. While there she was arrested and detained in Hantai District Detention Center, and her home was ransacked.

In Hantai District Detention Center, Office Chairman Ma Ping'an and guard Men Quanxiu instructed prisoners to torture Ms. Zheng. They cursed at and beat her, did not allow her to sleep, and forced her to stand for a long time. Seeing that she still refused to be brainwashed, guards ordered prisoners in her cell to beat her brutally. They threw her to the floor, kicked her, and stomped on her until she passed out. It was only then that guard Men Quanxiu told them to stop.

Ms. Zheng's injuries were so severe that she could not breath and her life was in danger. Guards had to take her to the 3201 (Military) Hospital, where doctors discovered that her clavicle and ribs were fractured. Still, the guards did not allow her to be treated at the hospital. Ms. Zheng could not stand or walk during those two months.

In order to avoid responsibility and make money at the same time, the detention center sentenced Ms. Zheng to 18 months of forced labor first, and then urged her family to bail her out for medical treatment. She was released after they extorted 3,000 yuan from her family.

Ms. Zheng never fully recovered from that brutal torture after she returned home. She remained very weak, but she did not forget her duty to save those who were deceived. In December 2007, she was reported while handing out truth clarification materials in the suburban Zhaozhuang Township. The arresting officers were Ma Ping'an, Li Youzhi, and Pei Guangming, and they detained her in the Hantai District Detention Center. They forced her do heavy labor and subjected her to intense brainwashing. Then they sentenced her to another 18 months of forced labor with probation. Ms. Zheng's health deteriorated steadily, and she died on April 28, 2009.