Lu Xinshu - 吕新书
Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Lu Xinshu from Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province died on May 23, 2009 after enduring barbaric torture at the Hebei Province No. 1 Prison.
Officers from the Shijiazhuang City Police Department and Suncun Township Police Station illegally arrested Lu Xinshu from work on December 5, 2000 and sentenced him to eight years in prison, without proper judicial process. He was sent to the Hebei Province No. 1 Prison.
When prison officials discovered on July 19, 2008 that Lu Xinshu was suffering from swelling of the abdomen and feet and was unable to eat, they immediately sent him home to avoid any legal liability. After eight years of separation, Mr. Lu's family was shocked and devastated to see that he was near death rushed him to the ER. He was diagnosed with terminal stage liver cancer. The doctor asked, "Why did you wait until now to get him treated?" His family answered, "The Communist Party and the prison officials have to answer that question."
It is unknown at this point what exactly transpired in the prison, but in the scope of the brutal persecution, it would not be an exaggeration to say that Mr. Lu must have been subjected to barbaric treatment, as he was healthy at the time of his arrest.
Lu Xinshu died at 3:00 a.m. on May 23, 2009 after enduring unimaginable agony. He was 59.
- Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Lu Xinshu Died Due to Severe Abuse at the Hebei Province No. 1 Prison
- Shijiazhuang City Intermediate Court Abuses the Law in the Cases Against Falun Gong Practitioners
- Mr. Yang Xiaojie Tortured to Death in Northern Suburb Prison, Shijiazhuang City, His Wife Still Detained in Hebei Province Female Prison
- The Persecution of Dafa Practitioners by the Yuhua District Court in Shijiazhuang City
- Persecution Brings Endless Suffering to Wang Hongbin's Family and Causes His Tragic Death
- Mr. Lv Xinshu, an Elementary Schoolteacher, and Mr. Wang Hongbin Both Die As a Result of Torture (Photo)