Wang Yongan - 王永安

Chinese name:
Jilin City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp
Case Description:

Forty-nine year old practitioner Mr. Wang Yongan lived at No. 26-1-11 Paoziyan Street, Longtan District, Jilin City, Jilin Province. He was a quiet and shy gate guard at Jilin Chemical Industry Company Chemical Fertilizer Factory (No. 102 Factory). In 2002, his company "laid him off with compensation." We note that this was actually a forced retirement. They compensated him, based on how many years he had worked at the company. Employees who are laid off like this do not receive retirement benefits. The "laying off with compensation" is a method used by state owned companies to reduce their deficits.

Wang began his cultivation path in 1998, after which his high blood pressure and cerebral thrombus disappeared. After July 1999, those carrying out the persecution arrested him, unlawfully detained him, sent him to brainwashing centers, and unlawfully sentenced him to serve time at a forced labor camp.

On February 19, 2000, Wang Yongan was detained for 15 days in Paoziyan Detention Center (the detention center has been demolished) because he participated in a Falun Dafa experience sharing conference. After detaining him for 15 days, the executors of the persecution arrested him and sent him to a brainwashing session held by Jilin Chemical Industry Company. They detained him there for a month. Wang did not succumb to the persecution and persisted in his cultivation.

On October 15, 2000, Paoziyan Station Police officers (in Longtan District, Jilin City) unlawfully ransacked Wang Yongan's home and confiscated some of his personal belongings, including a computer. The executors of the persecution fabricated a newspaper story, stating that they had found 45 copies of truth-clarifying fliers. The truth is, they did not find anything in Wang's home. As a consequence of such lies, Wang was sent to Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province in December 2000, where he was tortured cruelly.

In February 2001, Wang was diagnosed with high blood pressure, after which he was released for medical treatment. In June 2002, because of the inhuman persecution he suffered, he was diagnosed with lung cancer in its final stage. Wang spent 9 days in a hospital during which he was given emergency care before he passed away.

Chinese version available at: