Wang Meiying - 王美英

Chinese name:
Chiping City
Chiping County Broadcast Bureau
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Shandong Province No. 1 Women's Forced Labor Camp
Case Description:

Practitioner Ms. Wang Meiying retired from the Chiping County Broadcast Bureau in Shandong ProvinceChiping County Broadcast Bureau.

Police from the Zhenxing Area Police Station arrested Ms. Wang. She was held at the Chiping County Detention Center for two days, and then secretly taken to Jinan Women's Forced Labor Camp (Shandong Province No. 1 Women's Forced Labor Camp), without notifying her family.

Ms. Wang went on a hunger strike to protest being persecuted. Guards at the labor camp tortured her inhumanly with brutal torture methods, such as sitting on a small stool for long times and standing facing a wall. Besides, she was cruelly force-fed three times. The tube through which she was fed was forced into her and severely damaged her right lung. The injury to the lung caused it to stop functioning.

On March 22, 2009, she came down with a fever of over 39 degrees. She was emaciated and suffered inhuman torment. The guards then took her to Jinan City Police Hospital for emergency treatment. At 1 p.m. of March 23, policeman Ma Ruijin of Chiping Domestic Security Division was told to notify her family.

Ma Ruijin told the family sarcastically, "She is going to die anyway, so it is up to you if you want to see her." Ms. Wang's husband responded angrily, "She was healthy when she was taken to your camp. If there is anything wrong, we will carry her to your home for care."

That day, the entire family rushed to Jinan. Ms. Wang was still of clear mind and told her husband about the torture. The doctor gave him the x-ray and said that when he examined her he found that her right lung had already stopped functioning.

At that time two nurses, employees at the labor camp explained that Ms. Wang was in no condition to be taken back to the labor camp. They suggested to take her home. The officials refused to release her despite her condition. They wanted to shirk responsibility for their evil deeds, so they said she could not be released.

The family returned home, where they received a call from the hospital staff, explaining that her life was hanging on a thread. They again rushed to hospital, but Ms. Wang died by the time they arrived and had already been taken to the morgue.