Jin Dezhu - 金德洙

Chinese name:
Longjing City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City
Case Description:
Mr. Jin Dezhu, in his 40s and of Korean ethnicity, was a teacher employed by Longshan Elementary School in Dongshengyong Town, Longjing City, Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture, Jilin Province. He was fired by principal Zhao Zhegao in 2002 for refusing to give up Falun Gong and the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Under enormous pressure, his wife divorced him.

In 2003, officers from the Longjing City Police Department ransacked Mr. Jin's home when he was not there. He was forced to live away from home and went to Weihai City, Shandong Province. He was detained for one month in Weihai City due to clarifying the truth to people. He came back to Yanbian Korean Prefecture, but dared not stay at his home due to the danger of arrest.

On February 28, 2006, Domestic Security officers from the Yanji City Police Department arrested Jin Dezhu again in Yanji City, and detained him for one year in the Yanji City Detention Center. Despite his being tortured in detention, he still clarified the truth with compassion. The police had to release him after one year, since they could not find an excuse to sentence him.

At noon on September 29, 2007, two plainclothes officers arrested Mr. Jin at his work, saying that someone reported that he talked to people about Falun Gong on a bus. After being detained for 15 days, he was sent to 18 months of forced labor at the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City, Jilin Province.

Mr. Jin was tortured and spent a long time on the sitting board (1). The board was very cold and hard, and he was forced to sit straight, with both hands on his knees; if he moved a little bit, he would be cursed at or beaten. Practitioners were not allowed to talk, and were forced to read articles slandering Falun Dafa. They were forced to get up at 4:00 a.m. They were starved, only fed two small buns at each meal.

After seven months, Mr. Jin became emaciated and developed severe tuberculosis. His life was in danger and he passed out many times. The labor camp had doctors take him back home to avoid responsibility for his condition. Mr. Jin was hospitalized twice, but died on December 31, 2008.