Li Junxia - 李军峡

Chinese name:
Wuhan City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Yangyuan Brainwashing Center
Case Description:

Ms. Li Junxia was 42 years old, and lived in the Wuhan City Apparatus Factory Family Housing located on Lumo Street in the High-Tech Developing Zone of the Donghu District, Wuhan City. She used to work as an accountant at the Dijiao Branch of the Wuhan City Industry and Commercial Bank.

On July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started the persecution of Falun Dafa. The First Division personnel from the Wuhan City Police Department detained Ms. Li Junxia at the police department sanatorium for refusing to renounce Falun Dafa. She was released on January 17, 2000, but the police department authorities still threatened her afterwards saying, "If you don't give up Falun Dafa, others who are associated with you will be implicated. None of your coworkers in the branch will get their annual bonuses." They also forced her to quit her job. For the sake of her coworkers, Ms. Li Junxia resigned.

In November 2000, Ms. Li Junxia was arrested and sentenced to a forced labor camp for 18 months. She was detained in the Eighth Division of the Hewan Forced Labor Camp in Wuhan City. She was released before the sentence expired. On September 11, 2001, Li Junxia while visiting a practitioner who had just returned home from prison, and she was detained again for 18 months of forced labor. She was locked in solitary confinement for over a year.

On July 15, 2003, Li Junxia went to her hometown in Henan Province to visit and clarify the truth, and was arrested by local police. She was detained in the First Detention Center in Wuhan City. A month later she was transferred to the Chenjiaji Brainwashing Center in Jiang'an District. After she compromised this time, guards from the brainwashing center continued to attempt to force her to participate in the brainwashing by working to "reform" other detained practitioners. Li Junxia refused to follow the evildoers' demands and was forced to sell her house and flee to avoid further persecution.

While working at a Tea House in Xiamen City, Fujian Province, in December of 2006, Li Junxia bought a train ticket to Beijing with money that had truth-clarifying statements written on it. Agents from the 610 Office in the Jiang'an District arrested her again and sent her to the Chenjiaji Brainwashing Center. Li Yingjie, the head of the Brainwashing Center along with Gong Lianghan, one of the collaborators, participated in torturing Ms. Li.

The methods of persecution they used to persecute practitioners included sleep deprivation, forcing them to stand for extended periods of time, and violently pressuring practitioners to give up their beliefs. They forced everyone to read materials that were slanderous toward Falun Dafa, write reports, and betray other practitioners. If they thought a practitioner had not changed enough, they would accuse this practitioner of faking "reform." So, even if practitioners had agreed to give up Dafa, they would still keep persecuting them. They used all these torture methods on Ms. Li Junxia. They tortured her, cursed her, and tried to force her to curse Master and Dafa.

Ms. Li Junxia was handcuffed onto a bed with her four limbs stretched out for over a dozen days The cuffs and shackles cut deeply into her flesh, exposing her bones. When she could no longer move and was very thirsty the guards forced her to drink urine. She eventually suffered a mental collapse. After she became mentally traumatized she often stripped her clothes off and rolled on the floor. Li Yingjie and Gong Lianghan continued to torture Li Junxia even after she suffered a mental collapse.

On July 5, 2008, Ms. Li Junxia was passing out truth-clarifying materials in the Armed Police Hospital on Yanzhi Street in the Wuchang District, and was reported by the Hospital security guard. Officers from the Liangdao Street Police Station arrested her and detained her for 15 days in the Erzigou (Dong-xi Hu District) First Detention Center. On July 20, 2008, her cousin rushed from Fujian Province to take her home. Several plainclothed officers who were waiting there dragged her into a police vehicle and took her by force to Yangyuan Brainwashing Center, where she suffered a mental collapse again. Ms. Li's mother was grieved so much by the situation that she was hospitalized and was issued a dying notice twice by the doctors. Ms. Li was released after the Olympics ended, on August 26, 2008. Her mental state was not stable and she would often speak nonsense.

On the early morning of November 7, 2008, people found Ms. Li Junxia lying on the cement ground under her home window on the fourth floor. She was still breathing with no obvious wounds on the surface. People called for an ambulance, and she died at the hospital.


© Copyright 1999-2021