Chinese name:
Handan City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Qiu County Detention Center
Case Description:

Mr. Wang Shuting lived in Xijie Village, Qiucheng Town, Qiu County, Handan City, Hebei Province. He worked in an orchard in Handan City.

One day in 1996, Wang suddenly suffered a stroke and became paralyzed on one side of his body. At that time, his four children were still very young, with the youngest only being 3 years old. The burden of supporting the family then fell on the shoulder of his wife Meng Xiuting. His wife went to many different places seeking treatment that would cure him. His work unit had to pay a lot of money for his medical expenses, and his own savings were also drained. However, he did not seem to get any better. Life became extremely difficult for his wife who needed to care for the youngsters and tend to her disabled husband.

Just when they were in despair, a Falun Gong practitioner in their village came to introduce the practice to them. The couple wanted to have a try and they started to read Zhuan Falun, the main book of Falun Gong teachings. To their surprise, a miracle happened. Wang Shuting said, "This side of the body (referring to the paralyzed side) feels like it's gonna melt. Falun keeps rotating on my body!" Soon he was able to stand up and walk around. He was so thrilled that he ran to the courtyard exclaiming, "My body is so light that I'm going to fly!" His whole family was amazed by the wonder of Dafa. Since then, Wang and his eldest daughter have followed the path of practicing Falun Gong. People who knew him all knew that it was Falun Gong that saved him. From that point on, Wang was able to work again and do house chores. His family saw hope again.

After Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, Qiucheng Town Police Station police often went to Wang's home to harass him and his family. The police station director Wan Shanxin forced them to curse Falun Dafa and Teacher Li. On July 24, 2001, the police station ransacked their home and confiscated all the Falun Dafa books they had. Then they sent Wang Shuting to the country detention center. On October 24, 2001, the police station deceived Wang's wife into coming to the county detention center, where four people held her hands and forced her to leave her fingerprints on a piece of paper with pre-written contents. She wasn't released for 2 days and forced to pay 1,000 yuan. Wang was released on November 24, 2001, only after he was fined 1,000 yuan. After he returned home, the police still kept harassing him, causing great mental anguish to him. As a result of the persecution, Wang became mentally disoriented and could not take care of himself. On December 24, 2003, he died in a hospital.

Chinese version available at: