Chinese name:
Dehui City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
a detention center
Case Description:

Mr. Cui Jianbo was a Falun Gong practitioner from Group Three, Banlasan Village, Chaoyang Township, Dehui City, Jilin Province. After he began practicing Falun Dafa in October 1998, he miraculously recovered from tuberculosis. Moreover, he quit gambling and became a person of high morale character. He followed "Truth-Compassion-Tolerance" in his life and had witnessed the wonderfulness and magnificence of Dafa himself.

Since Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Cui and his family had been persecuted on numerous occasions.

September 24, 1999 was the Chinese mid-Autumn festival and also a busy harvest day. On that day, Cui was harvesting in his fields when police from the local police station came to deceive him into going to the police station. Because he insisted on practicing Falun Gong, he was illegally detained at the Dehui City Detention Center for 103 days.

On New Year's Day of 2000, Cui went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. He was arrested in Tiananmen Square. Because he refused to give the police his name and address, he was brutally tortured. The police shocked him with electric batons. With righteous thoughts, he broke out of police custody about ten days later.

On May 9, 2001, he was arrested in Baiqi Town, Shulan City, when he was clarifying the facts of Falun Gong to the public. He was sent to Nanshan Detention Center in Shulan City, where he was brutally tortured. He went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention and torture. Sixteen days into his hunger strike, seeing he was near death, the detention center informed his family to pick him up. At that time, the prison doctors and police all thought his days were numbered. However, he miraculously recovered after he returned home.

On March 14, 2003, police from Dehui City Police Department and Chaoyang Township Police Station came to ransack Cui's home. They also took away Cui and his wife and sent the couple to a detention center. Cui went on a hunger strike. About ten days later, he was extremely weak and near death. The detention center released him only after the hospital confirmed that he was dying.

After his release, Cui recovered a bit. But he was still very weak. His wife was sentenced to labor camp for her belief in Dafa, which also caused a great mental burden for him. He also needed to take care of the heavy housework with his emaciated body. In late 2003, his condition worsened. He was twice rushed to the hospital. The doctors said his lungs were rotten. After he came back from the hospital, he struggled for another 6 months. On February 14, 2004, he passed away with his illness not cured. He was only 41 years old

Chinese version available at: