Liu Guoshu - 刘国淑

Chinese name:
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Case Description:

Ms. Liu Guoshu, 46, lived in Jiuyuan Town, Wanyuan City, Sichuan Province. She began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997, and went to Beijing to appeal for an end to the persecution in 2000. Local police from Beijing arrested and detained her in a local detention center. From 2001 to 2006, she was arrested multiple times and sent to brainwashing centers, and she was harassed and closely monitored by local police.

On July 9, 2008, Domestic Security Division agent Wang Qiang (male) led a group from Wanyuan City Police Department to knock on Ms. Liu's door. Ms. Liu saw them from her second floor window. Her husband was working out of town, and only she and her five-year-old daughter were at home. She made sure the door was closed tightly. The officers had been waiting at her door the whole time, and on the evening of July 11, 2008, they broke into her house. Four officers cruelly beat her and forced her to the floor. They then injected her with an unknown drug. This injection caused slowness of her mind and was extremely painful. The administration of Jiuyuan Town Police Station covered up their crimes by forcing Ms. Liu's husband's brother to call her younger sister in Guandu Town, and urge her to pick up Ms. Liu and take her to her place.

Ms. Liu's younger sister Ms. Liu Guoju picked her up on the evening of July 14, 2008. She found that Ms. Liu had changed completely. Her face looked different and showed both pain and fear, and her mind was very slow. On the morning of July 17, 2008, Ms. Liu was climbing from the second floor of her sister's house to the neighbor's house on a side street. Due to the unknown effects of the drug, she fell to the sidewalk. Neighbors Mr. Luo Mingliang and Mr. Liu Qingshu found her and immediately took her to the hospital. On the way there she was dying, but managed to tell Mr. Liu Qingshu, "Four officers injected poison in me." By the time their vehicle reached Wanyuan City Hospital, she had already died.

The local Communist Party members arranged for her parents-in-law to hold her funeral on the afternoon of July 17, 2008, and her body was quickly cremated. Details are yet to be investigated.