Qirimailatu - 其日麦拉图

Chinese name:
Huhhot City
Inner Mogolia
senior engineer/Regional Civil Engineering Design Institute
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Inner-Mongolia Detention Center
Case Description:
Mr. Qirimailatu, 72, was a Falun Dafa practitioner living in Huhhot City, Inner-Mongolia Autonomous Region. He was a minority construction expert, employed by the Regional Civil Engineering Design Institute as a senior engineer. His name is in The World Minority Who's Who book. He began cultivating Falun Dafa in 1999 and became healthy. He kept clarifying the truth after the persecution started, wrote a letter appealing for justice for Falun Gong, and was sentenced to two years of forced labor, which he served in the Wuyuan County Forced Labor Camp. He was the oldest inmate in the camp and endured numerous instances of physical torture and threats. Prisoners closely monitored him 24 hours per day. His term was extended three additional months because he firmly held his belief in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The camp administration said he "openly opposed the government," forced him to clean the toilets in the First Ward, and made him participate in cruel "physical training." Drug-addict inmate Liu Zhengrong (male, assigned to watch Mr. Qirimailatu) beat and cursed him, took his personal belongings, and often did not allow him to eat. Guard Zhao Naidong (male) encouraged Liu Zhengrong to beat him.

In the beginning of May 2004, Mr. Qirimailatu was arrested by plainclothes police officers while clarifying the truth in a park. The police ransacked his home, then sentenced him to three years forced labor, imprisoning him in the Wuyuan County Labor Camp again. At the beginning of 2005, guards Yang Furong, Wang Donglei, and Liu Ming (all male) locked him in solitary confinement for several months. After serving more than two years of the term, he was bailed out on medical parole due to his physical condition.

On August 8, 2007, police arrested him for the third time while he was clarifying the truth. They had him sentenced to forced labor again, but the camp refused to admit him due to his advanced age and the physical tests that he failed, so he was detained in Inner-Mongolia Detention Center. He went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution on December 6, 2007. He died after detention center administrators rushed him to the prison hospital on January 5, 2008. Information revealed he was as thin as a skeleton and was unable to speak during the time he was detained.