Zhou Huimin - 周慧敏
On the evening of September 26, 2007, officers from Shengdeng Police Station and the Domestic Security Division of Chenghua District Police Department arrested Ms. Zhou Huimin. The police ransacked her home and she was then taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Later she was detained at the Chengdu City Detention Center. On February 1, 2008, the Domestic Security Division of Wuhou District Police Department issued an "arrest warrant" for Ms. Zhou, although she had already been in custody for five months. She went on hunger strike to protest the persecution. On February 5, 2008, guards took her to the Qingyang District People's Hospital. On March 10, 2008, a friend of Ms. Zhou heard a Domestic Security Agent of Wuhou District Police Department say that Ms. Zhou was dying. State Security agents in Sichuan Province Police Department ordered that she not be released. The police replied, "Let her die where she is." Ms. Zhou died at 5:30 a.m. on March 13, 2008.
Ms. Zhou was illegally arrested six times since July 1999, and she was detained three times at the Sichuan Province (Nanmusi) Women's Forced Labor Camp. She endured all sorts of torture and spent a total of 856 days in detention. From September 7 to September 19, 2002, she was tortured in Qingyang District Hospital. From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day she was handcuffed and shackled.
- Remembering Fellow Practitioner Ms. Zhou Huimin
- Mourning My Mother Ms. Zhou Huimin
- Ms. Zhou Huimin Dies in Police Custody in Sichuan Province
- Eleven Practitioners Sentenced to Prison in Sichuan Province
- Wuhou District Court in Chengdu City Holds Illegal Trial of Nine Falun Dafa Practitioners and Two of Their Relatives
- Practitioner Ms. Zhou Huimin Tortured To Brink of Death