Yang Jisheng - 杨继升

Chinese name:
Jinzhou City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Jinzhou City Labor Camp
Case Description:
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Yang Jisheng lived in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province. He was sentenced to forced labor in 2002, and was tortured in the Jinzhou City Labor Camp. The torture resulted in his having severe headaches caused by fluid on the brain, and he had to have an operation. He died in June 2005.

Mr. Yang, 54, lived in the Liuhua neighborhood of Linghe District, Jinzhou City. He started cultivating Falun Dafa in 1996. The police confiscated his personal identification after the persecution began on July 20, 1999. He went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa on July 19, 2002. The bus he was on stopped at a check point ten miles from Beijing. Mr. Yang and four other Falun Dafa practitioners were arrested due to having no personal identification. The police from Jinzhou City took them back to Jinzhou the next day.

These practitioners refused to report their names, and the police brutally beat Mr. Yang and another 53-year-old practitioner in the 610 Office. They shocked them with electric batons, slapped them, beat their heads with a shoe, and their private parts with sticks.

Mr. Yang was later detained in the Jinzhou City Labor Camp. He refused to accept the brainwashing, and guards (all male) Zhang Jiabin, Li Songtao, and Yan Guosheng deprived him of sleep and forced him to sit on a wooden board for a long period of time. Guard Li Songtao beat prisoner Guo Tieshan in the Fourth Ward, forcing Guo to beat Mr. Yang to make him accept the brainwashing, saying that otherwise he would extend Guo's term. Therefore, Guo beat Mr. Yang cruelly, causing Mr. Yang to have such a severe headache that he could not talk, and had no strength.

On November 29, 2002, Mr. Yang's family picked him up so that he could get medical treatment. On December 2, 2002, Yang Jisheng was visiting Jinzhou City 205 Hospital (Military Hospital). Jinzhou City Labor Camp Clinic Head Shi Zhenshan (male) and Warden Yang Tinglun (male) were present. Mr. Yang was diagnosed with fluid on the brain and the doctor said he could die at any time, and must have an operation. He was operated on December 4, 2002.

Mr. Yang's health quickly declined after June 2004. He lost the sight in both eyes, and his whole body was swollen, including his legs, which prevented him from walking. The doctor said he was suffering from complications of diabetes. Yang Jisheng died in June 2005.

© Copyright Minghui.org 1999-2021