Chinese name:
Baiquan County
Human Resources Department
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
a detention center
Case Description:

Jiao Zhensheng, male, 66 years old, was an officer from the Human Resources Department for Baiquan County, Heilongjiang Province.

After July 20, 1999 when the evil political clique started to persecute Falun Gong, Mr. Jiao Zhensheng endured enormous pressure from various segments of society, harassing and threats from the police, constant questioning, surveillance and phone-tapping by the neighborhood committee and the work unit leaders. His house was illegally searched at the onset of the "7.20" persecution, (July 20th, 1999) and his formerly peaceful and harmonious family was thrown into a state of terror.

In the middle of October 2000, because his wife went to appeal for Dafa in Beijing, Gao Yinglie, the Political Commissar from Baiquan County's Police Department incited Chen Jingman, Political Security Section Head and his gang to once again search Mr. Jiao's house illegally, without any warrant. They took him away and put him into a detention center, accusing him of supporting his wife's appeal in Beijing.  By the 11th day in the detention center, because he was not allowed to practice the Falun Gong exercise, Jiao Zhensheng showed symptoms of angina pectoris. As the authorities in the detention center and the police of the county police department did not want to bear any responsibility, they urgently contacted his family to take him to the hospital. While in the hospital, he resumed his exercises and quickly recovered without having any injections or taking any medicine. Seeing he had recovered, Gao Yinglie, against strong protest from Jiao's family, extorted 2,000 Yuan from his family for "releasing on bail for medical treatment." Jiao was still not allowed to go home, though, until after his family paid another 2,000 Yuan as "deposit."

Due to the severe mental and physical abuse he suffered while in the detention center, a month after he got home he suffered a sudden cerebral hemorrhage. He was out of danger after emergency treatment in the hospital. When he returned home, after being subjected again to constant police harassment, Jiao suffered another cerebral hemorrhage and passed away.

Chinese version available at: