Wang Mingduo - 王明铎

Chinese name:
Cangzhou City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Kaiping Forced Labor Camp
Case Description:
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Mingduo, 44, is a former employee of the Cangzhou City Construction Bank in Hebei Province. He was sentenced to a three-year prison term in 2001 and detained in Jidong Prison, located in Tangshan City, Hebei Province, where he was beaten severely and forced to do heavy labor. Upon being released in late 2003, his employer fired him, and his wife was also dismissed from her job. He sold books, newspapers, delivered propane tanks, and planted trees to barely make a living.

On June 20, 2005, Mr. Wang Mingduo was arrested by police from the Jindao Station in the Developing District because he clarified the truth to people. He was detained in the First Detention Center, where he was tortured with backward handcuffing, ankle shackles, and brutal force-feeding with a concentrated salt solution. He was forced to sleep on the floor. Guards directed prisoners to torture him by sitting on his legs, and pressing his leg until he was injured. After fifteen days of torture in detention, he was released under his family and friends' strong requests, but his cell phone, belt, and wallet were still withheld by the guards. Mr. Wang Mingduo went to the Yunhe District Police Department and Jindao Police Station to pick up his personal belongings, but both places pushed him back and forth. Finally, policeman Liu Kanhua from Yunhe District Department threatened Mr. Wang and refused to give back his personal belongings.

At around 9:00 p.m. on the evening of November 23, 2005, policemen suddenly arrested Mr. Wang on his way home, pushed him into a vehicle, and took him to the Nanhuan Police Station. Two days later, Liu Kanhua took Wang Mingduo to the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp without notifying his family or going through legal procedures. The camp refused to accept him, but Liu begged them for a long time, and the camp agreed to temporarily take him into their custody.

Mr. Wang had been on hunger strike ever since being arrested. When his life was in danger, the camp urged Liu Kanhua to pick him up, but he tried everything to delay, and refused to release Mr. Wang when his wife went to ask him to let him go home.

Because Wang Mingduo's life was in danger, the Kaiping Labor Camp Administration sent him home directly on January 25, 2006. He was in a deformed condition upon reaching home. He used to be very stocky, but he was now as thin as a skeleton. He had no strength to sit up and could only lie down. He was carried home on a truck, without enough clothes on, and endured freezing cold for 4-5 hours.

Mr. Wang Mingduo was very weak, his legs and feet were swollen, his abdomen was bloated, and he often had incontinence of urine. He died on February 17, 2006, at 8:00 a.m.