Chen Ying - 陈英
Chen Ying was born in Jiamusi, Heilongjiang on July 1, 1982. She was the vice class monitor of 10th grade at Shuren middle school. She was also a very good student. Her favorite hobby was calligraphy and she had won many awards in various contests held both inside and outside of school. She won her first award at the Youth Day Calligraphy Contest in 1999. She also won the commemorate award at an intelligence contest. Her school also rewarded her as a model student on July 19, 1999.
On July 22, 1999, the third day after the CCP began the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, Miss Chen Ying went to the State Council Appeal Office to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. She was subsequently arrested. On August 16, 1999, while in custody, she was taken back to Jiamusi City by train. On the train, the police beat her, threatened her, insulted her, handcuffed her to the baggage rack. She was given only half of a bun and half a bottle of water. When she was allowed to move around, for example to use the restroom, the officers followed her and would not allow her any privacy. She had to leave the door open in the restroom. Miss Chen Ying would not endure any further humiliation, so when she finished using the restroom, she shut the bathroom door. Then, at 2:34 p.m. Miss Chen jumped from the train at the 280 kilometer mark of the Beijing-Qinhuangdao Line. Political commissar Li (first name unknown) from the Jiamusi City Police Department, the head of the No. 2 train crew and another person took Miss Chen to the Fengrun District Hospital, located in Tangshan City, Hebei Province. Around 6:00 p.m., while Miss Chen was still in coma, commissar Li said, "Remove the oxygen - if looks like (she) won't survive." They took her straight to the Fengrun Crematory that same night.
- Daughter Died Due to Persecution, Mother Sentenced to Forced Labor Again (Photo)
- Practitioners from Jiamusi City Sent to Forced Labor Camps
- Special Report: Children Suffering from the Persecution of Falun Gong in China
- After Her Daughter Chen Ying Was Killed, Ms. Chen Xiuling Was Kidnapped and Tortured in Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp
- A Mother Exposes the Truth Behind the Death of Her Daughter
- Latest News from China - 02/25/2001
- Many Heilongjiang Province Female Falun Gong Practitioners Have Died Due to the Persecution (Photos)