Zhou Zhichang - 周志昌
In September 1999, Zhou went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong.During the eight months in the detention center, he was shackled most of the time.On the morning of May 6, 2000, the ninth day of his hunger strike, he was taken to the Shuangcheng Hospital by the guards.The examination showed him in good health.On the same afternoon when he was again sent to the hospital, his pupils were dilated and he passed away.
Obviously, Zhou did not die of natural causes. His face indicated extreme pain. His eyes were wide open, so was his mouth. There were many wounds on his body and head. His fingers and toes were black. The skin on his head was red, and separable from the skull. The local communist government forced his family members to sign an agreement that Zhou died of a heart attack, which his family members refused.
Zhou was a well-known good person and official in the local area. His death shocked many people.
- AP: Falun Gong Man Dies in Custody [5/19/00]
- CHINA CRISIS NEWS BULLETIN #43 [5/25/00]
- Taking Human Life For Granted, Unacceptable by Heavenly Principles
- An Elite of Falun Dafa and Model of Xinxing Cultivation
- AFP: Falungong Follower's Death in Detention Raises Rights Group Concern [5/22/00]
- Summary of Data - The Reckless Violation of the Human Rights of Falun Gong Practitioners
- Police in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, Tortured Practitioner Zhou Zhichang to Death (Photo)
- Heilongjiang Province Shuangcheng City "610 Office" Relentlessly Persecutes Falun Dafa Practitioners
- 60-Year-Old Falun Dafa Practitioner Yan Huiqing Is Beaten to Death in the Shanxi Provincial Labor Camp
- Latest News from China - 04/03/2001
- The Hardships of Dafa Practitioners, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province