Jiang Liying - 姜丽英

Chinese name:
Zhaoyuan City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
a detention center
Case Description:

Jiang Liying used to live in Jiangjia Village, Linglong Town, Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province. One of her legs was crippled since her childhood. She had benefited a lot from Falun Dafa since she started to practice it.

Jiang Liying's home was ransacked because of her involvement in Falun Gong. She was brutally tortured to death on Jan. 25, 2001 by local police, because she refused to confess the sources from which she obtained Falun Gong flyers.

On July 20, 1999 - the same day when Chinese authorities started persecuting Falun Gong, she left home for Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was caught in Tianjin by the police there and later escorted back to her hometown by officers from the government of Linglong Town, Zhaoyuan City.

On Jan. 1, 2000, Jiang Liying went to Beijing once again to appeal for Falun Gong. After she was caught on Tiananmen Square by police, she was taken back by the Public Security Bureau of Zhaoyuan City and placed in the Huangjin Investigation Squad. She was illegally searched and 300 Yuan RMB was extorted from her. Later, she was sent to the police substation of Linglong Town and kept in an iron cage for 7 days. Her family was forced to pay a 1500 Yuan deposit before she was allowed to go home.

On October 11, 2000, Jiang Liying went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong again. He was arrested in Shahe Town, Laizhou City on the way to Beijing. At that night, police from Zhaoyuan City took her to the patrol police brigade. The next day, she was taken back by Linglong Town police substation and questioned there. She was released after 31 days of detention and a 500-Yuan fine.

On January 19, 2001, at around 8:00 am, Zhaoyuan City policemen Li Guibo and Liu Wenqing forced their way into Jiang's home and ransacked her home. They searched and confiscated Falun Gong books and materials. They also took Jiang Liying to the detention center.

On the morning of Jan. 21, 2001, Jiang Liying was transferred to the 610 Office for questioning about the sources of Falun Gong materials. She refused to provide the information and therefore suffered all kinds of tortures. They kicked, whipped and electrically shocked her. They even put steel plates on both sides of her chest and banged the plates with a hammer. In this way, she was tortured for one day and one night. On Jan. 23, 2001, she was sent to Linglong police substation. No food was given to her, and no one was allowed to visit her.

On Jan. 24, 2001, at around 5 pm, the police summoned her family members to visit her. When they saw her, she was already in a coma. Her hands were black. Her family demanded the police to set her free. The policemen asked their superiors and permission was granted to release her. Her family members immediately sent her to the People's Hospital. However, despite one night of emergency rescue, she passed away at 10:10 am on January 25, 2001.

Chinese version available at:
© Copyright Minghui.org 1999-2019