Chinese name:
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Case Description:

( Ms. Yang Xiaowen, a practitioner from Shenzhou City, Hebei Province, cultivated in Dafa steadfastly. As a result, she suffered long-term harassment and persecution by government agents and passed away on August 2, 2005.

Ms. Yang Xiaowen, 51, was a Dafa disciple from Matun Village, Shenzhou City, Hebei Province. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong with her whole family on July 22, 1999. In the meantime, police officers from Shenzhou City broke into her residence while no one was at home and ransacked it.

In late November 1999, Ms. Yang and her husband again went to Beijing to appeal. They were forced to return by the Shenzhou Police Department. Four police officers, including Jia Shuangwan and Zhang Yuchao, shocked them on their heads and faces with electric batons, and hit and kicked them.

In 2000, Ms. Yang was sentenced to a forced labor camp because she persisted in her steadfast belief. She was sent to the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp. Under Teacher's protection, she walked away from the forced labor camp with righteous thoughts.

In the autumn of 2001, she went to Beijing again to validate the Fa. Afterwards she was arrested by the Shenzhou Police Department and returned to the detention center. After more than ten days on a hunger strike, she walked out of the detention center openly and legitimately.

Due to long-term harassment and persecution by government agents, Ms. Yang was seriously injured both mentally and physically. In the spring of 2005, after suffering harassment by agents once again, she developed symptoms of a serious brain hemorrhage. She could not speak, her arms and legs were paralyzed, and she could not take care of herself.

Ms. Yang's husband was also illegally sentenced to the forced labor camp because he steadfastly cultivated in Dafa. Later he escaped from the labor camp with righteous thoughts and became homeless to avoid further persecution. Ms. Yang's 20-year-old son was also beaten and maimed by police officers from the Shenzhou Police Department because he persisted in cultivating Dafa. After suffering huge mental and physical agony, Ms. Yang Xiaowen passed away on August 2, 2005.

Related articles:|Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Yang Xiaowen from Shenzhou City, Hebei Province Dies from Persecution