Zheng Lin - 郑林

Chinese name:
Yitong County
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City
Case Description:
Mr. Zheng Lin, 58 years old, was a Dafa disciple from Yushulinzi Village, Dagushan Town, Yitong County, Jilin Province. He started practicing Falun Gong in the spring of 1999. After Jiang and the CCP began to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal. The Yitong County Police Department illegally detained him for 45 days and fined him nearly ten thousand yuan. On February 15, 2001, he was abducted into a brainwashing program held by the County Committee Party School and the authorities extorted 400 yuan from him.

In the spring of 2002, he was arrested again. The leading policeman was Li Deben from Dagushan town local police station. At the 610 Office of Yitong County, Zheng was brutally tortured and interrogated. Later, he was detained for over 40 days.

On August 27, 2002, policeman Wang Bo and several others from Yitong County's Dagushan Town local police station arrested Zheng again and put him in a brainwashing program at Yitong County Party School. Four days later, Zheng, along with Dafa disciples Liu Wen and Chen Yuxia, escaped the school with righteous thoughts. The policemen shot in the direction they were running.

To avoid being seized again, Zheng Lin became destitute and homeless. However, on September 9, 2002, he was arrested again in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province. The local police viciously tortured him to make him tell his name and address. Later, Yitong County policemen Ma Gang and Zhao Feng took him back to his hometown. At the Yitong County Detention Center, Li Xiaodong and Ma Gang, the policemen of the local national security team, beat Zheng with hardwood sticks until his whole body was fully covered with cuts and bruises.

On October 31, 2002, Mr. Zheng Lin was illegally sentenced two years of forced labor "re-education." He was jailed in Changchun City's Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. Meanwhile, Liu Wen and Chen Yuxia were also sentenced to forced labor. Zheng was severely tortured in the forced labor camp. Even when he was very weak, the policemen still forced him to work.

Because Zheng refused to write the so-called five statements (similar to the three statements), the authorities refused to release him when the sentence was over. Having been jailed for an additional 22 days, he was so weak that the policemen finally sent him home for fear of having to take responsibility if he died in custody. Zheng Lin returned home on September 30, 2004. His family sent him to Gongzhuling City Hospital in Jilin Province for examination. The X-rays showed no image of the right lung, the liver sagging, the cervical vertebrae severely wounded, the right calf bone fractured, and three of his ribs broken. He had also suffered heavy coughing with blood.

Because his body was so severely injured, the hospital was unable to rescue him, though many treatments were applied. Zheng Lin passed away on April 4, 2005.