Jiang Yiyun - 姜益云

Chinese name:
Jiangyou City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
State Security Bureau in Jiangyou City
Case Description:

Mr. Jiang Yiyun, 59, was a farmer from Taiping Town, Jiangyou City. He lived on Jiangjia Lane. He started practicing Falun Gong a few years ago in order to improve his health. After he started cultivating, he was strict with himself in following the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance." His neighbors all knew that he was a good person.

In the winter of 1999, Mr. Mr. Jiang went to Beijing to appeal. The police arrested him, and detained him for some time before sentencing him to one year of forced labor in 2000. After he was released, the police from the State Security Bureau often harassed him at his home.

On the morning of April 10, 2005, several police officers from the State Security Bureau in Jiangyou City broke into Mr. Jiang's home. They beat him and ransacked his home. At around 11:00 a.m., the police arrested him. He was released at around 6:00 p.m., and was arrested again at around 9:00 p.m. that night. There were many eye-witnesses to this event.

It was said that the State Security Bureau in Jiangyou City arrested some practitioners who were distributing truth-clarifying materials. They thought that there were truth-clarifying materials in Mr. Jiang's home, so they ransacked his home and arrested him.

During his detention, Mr. Jiang was tortured to death by the police. In order to cover up their crime, the police discarded Mr. Jiang's body in the woods near Mr. Jiang's home, so that it would appear as if Mr. Jiang was murdered or committed suicide.

At around 8:00 a.m. on May 17, 2005, someone found Mr. Jiang's body and called the police. Officers from the local police department went to the site. Many observers were shocked to find the severe injuries on Mr. Jiang's face and head. The body was covered with wounds. There was also the marking of a rope around his neck. Finally, Mr. Jiang's family members arrived. They never expected to find Mr. Jiang's body in the woods, knowing that Mr. Jiang had been detained by the police.