Chinese name:
Weihai City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Weihai City Detention Center
Case Description:

The Community Committee deputy director, Ms. Sun Aihua, a Falun Dafa practitioner from the Northeast Village, Huancui District, Weihai City, Shandong Province, was 49 years old when she died. When Ms. Sun Aihua left for Beijing to validate Dafa in May of 2000, she was illegally detained by the authorities for fifteen days. After being released, Ms. Sun was moved to the community nursing home to work as a cook. The people who persecuted her in this way were Jiang Xianguo, the office management secretary from Huancui Street, Huancui District, Weihai City, Sha (surname), the Political and Judiciary office secretary and Zhang Yuxiu, the Community Committee director from the Northeast Village. Ms. Sun was only provided with basic living expenses.

In March 2001, the" 610 Office" from Huancui District started their first brainwashing center. Jiang Xianguo ordered Sha and Zhang Yuxiu to forcefully take Ms. Sun, who was working at the time, to the brainwashing center, where she was subjected to further persecution. Ms. Sun's family was not informed of her whereabouts. With strong righteous thoughts, Ms. Sun easily escaped the brainwashing center and went directly to Beijing to validate Dafa again. After returning from Beijing, Ms. Sun was again forced to leave her home and she had to move from place to place for a period of time in order to avoid arrest. On July 19, while staying at her aunt's home, Sun Aihua was abducted by policeman Liu Jinhu from the No. 1 Section of the Huancui District Police Department. She was detained at the Weihai City Detention Center. Without any evidence against her, the authorities illegally sentenced Sun Aihua to three years of "re-education through forced labor." However, the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp refused to accept her because she had high blood pressure. Therefore, Ms. Sun was illegally imprisoned in the detention center. Later, she was released from the detention center due to her rising blood pressure. However, she was still forced to work in the kitchen of the community nursing home. Sun Aihua suffered terribly from this ongoing persecution, both physically and mentally. She died on October 17, 2003.