Chinese name:
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Case Description:

( Ms. Zhou Yun, a resident of Suzhou City, Jiangsu Province, used to suffer from complications of strokes. After she began practicing Falun Gong in October 1998, she could walk normally and started to live a normal life. She followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and her health continued to improve.

After the persecution began in 1999, Ms. Zhou went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in March 2001. She was arrested and sent back to Suzhou to be detained in the Loumen Police Station in the Pingjiang District for three days.

In June 2002, Gu Liqun, He Xiaodi, and others from the Suzhou 610 Office started a closed-door brainwashing center in Shangfangshan, Suzhou City. Liu Shuangxiong from the Politics and Security Section of the Pingjiang Police Department and officers from the Loumen Police Station took Ms. Zhou to the center. They pressured her to give up practicing Falun Gong day and night.

Four days later, Ms. Zhou's blood pressure shot up, and her old illness returned. The brainwashing center then sent her home. As she was recovering, personnel from the police station and the community committee continued to harass her and monitor her movements.

In November 2004, Ms. Zhou was taken to the Shangfangshan Brainwashing Center again. She was not allowed to sleep for a long time. Subjected to high pressure brainwashing, Ms. Zhou broke down physically and mentally. She suffered incontinence and fell into a coma. The authorities then sent her home.

When Ms. Zhou was carried to her doorway, many neighbors saw the state she was in. Ms. Zhou's son refused to let his mother be carried into their home in that way. He demanded, “My mother was fine when you took her away. Now she comes back in such a bad condition. Why don't you take her to the hospital?” So the authorities quickly rushed Ms. Zhou to a nearby hospital.

Ms. Zhou passed away in August 2008. She was 74.

Related articles:|An Elderly Lady from Suzhou Passed Away as a Result of Persecution