Chinese name:
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Case Description:

( Mr. Xu Xiaolong was an engineer in Tianjin, but he lost his job after he was sentenced to five years in prison for his faith in Falun Gong. His wife was forced to divorce him.

After he was released, he moved in with his parents in Chengdu City, Sichuang Province. As he had become paralyzed in prison, he relied on his father's pension to get by.

Mr. Xu was arrested a few more times while living with his parents. He struggled to make ends meet after his parents died one after another. He died around September 2017. He was 59.

Details of Mr. Xu's Sufferings

Mr. Xu was arrested on October 28, 1999 and sentenced to five years on March 22, 2000. His appeal was rejected and he was sent to Tianjin First Prison in May 2000.

He was subjected to various forms of abuse, including beating and solitary confinement, while imprisoned. More than once the guards shackled his feet and had inmates drag him upstairs and downstairs repeatedly. His feet were covered in blood and the wounds festered. The guards intentionally didn't allow him to change the dressings for his wounds, which smelled badly.

By the end of his prison term, he had lost almost all of his hair. He arms were fractured and he suffered neck and back injuries. He kept coughing for three and half years after his release.

Mr. Xu was set for release on October 27, 2004, but guard Fen Yasheng arranged for him to be sent straight to a detention center. Soon afterwards, he was given one year and three months of forced labor. In January 2005, he was sent to Shuangkou Labor Camp.

Entire Family Persecuted

Mr. Xu's wife, parents and younger sister are all Falun Gong practitioners. His wife, Xu Jie, was sentenced to three years in prison around the same time as he. She was forced to divorce him later on.

Mr. Xu moved back to Sichuan to live with his parents after he was released from the labor camp.

More than ten officers ransacked Mr. Xu's parents' home on September 17, 2007 and confiscated 7,400 yuan in cash. The police covered Mr. Xu's head with plastic bags and took him a brainwashing center.

Mr. Xu's mother had a stroke in 2000 and became paralyzed on one side of her body. She died about two weeks after her daughter was arrested again in October 2009.

Mr. Xu's father died in April 2013.

Mr. Xu's sister, Ms. Li Zhi, a middle school math teacher, was arrested six times and held at a labor camp for more than one year. Her husband, Zhao Jiuhong, does not practice Falun Gong, was sent to a brainwashing center several times because of his wife's faith.

Related Article in Chinese:


Related articles: