Chinese name:
Xinli Village/Suining County/Xuzhou City
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Xuzhou City Detention Center
Case Description:

( Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Guo Juanling from Suining County, Xuzhou City, Jiangsu Province died on September 4, 2017. Because she practiced Falun Gong, she was imprisoned in detention centers, a brainwashing center, forced labor camp, and mental hospital. During these detentions, she was tortured, forced to do hard labor, and administered unknown drugs against her will.

Just before she passed away, she was harassed by local police, asking her whether she still practiced Falun Gong.

Repeatedly Persecuted

After the persecution of Falun Gong was initiated in 1999, Lingcheng Police Station, the township government, and the 610 Office paraded Ms. Guo through Lingcheng's major streets to insult her. She was also beaten and sent to do hard labor as punishment.

During 2001 and 2003 Ms. Guo was incarcerated at Sutang Brainwashing Center. During that time she was taken to Chapeng Mental Hospital, where she was forced to take unknown drugs, and given injections of unknown drugs twice per day. As a result, she suffered bodily pain, became disoriented, lost focus in her eyes, and drooled. She became unable to control her bodily movements and was so weak that she could not brush her teeth.

Tortured in the Detention Center

She returned home in 2003. However, she was arrested again and held at Suining County Detention Center, where she was tortured by a method called "holding shackles." The practitioner’s hands were handcuffed, and shackles attached to the feet. The handcuffs were then passed through the shackles, and linked together with a chain less than 20 inches (50 cm.) long. Thus, Ms. Guo could not stand up or walk normally, and her back was bent at over 90 degrees. She could not sit, sleep, eat, or use the restroom by herself. She could move only a tiny step at a time, and with extreme pain.

Subjected to Forced Labor Twice

Ms. Guo was sent to a forced labor camp twice and was later released due to poor health. During detention at Judong Women's Forced Labor Camp, she was often forced to remain in a squatting position and was not allowed to use the restroom. One time she was forced to squat for two days and one night. Her feet were so swollen that she could not wear shoes.

Latest Arrest, Torture, and Harassment

On August 31, 2016, she was arrested for writing, "Falun Dafa is good and Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good." She was taken to Suining County Detention Center for 13 days and then detained at Xuzhou City Detention Center for 5 months. During the detention she was given unknown drugs and injections. She was released when she was on the verge of death. Police told her family to notify them if she died.

Ms. Guo was hospitalized in Suining Chinese Medicine Hospital for more than two weeks, which cost her family over 10,000 yuan. Officers from Lingcheng Police Station often went to her home to harass her, claiming she would not live much longer even if they let her practice Falun Gong.

Personnel from the Suining County 610 Office and Domestic Security Division went to Ms. Guo's home on August 20, 2017, and asked her whether she still practiced Falun Gong.

She passed away on September 4, 2017, due to the long-term torture during incarceration.

Related articles:|Ms. Guo Juanling From Jiangsu Province Passed Away Due to Persecution