Chinese name:
Chaoyang Disitrict
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
a brainwashing center
Case Description:

Mr. Chen Fenglin, 51 years old, was a Falun Dafa practitioner from Beiyuan Village, Laiguangying Township in Chaoyang District, Beijing.

Since April 25th, 2009,  which marked the beginning of the persecution of Falun Gong, he went to Beijing many times to validate the Fa (1). In December 1999 he was detained and held at the Jinchaoyang prison for one month. He then was transferred to the village party committee, where they persecuted him for more than half a month. After returning home he was under constant surveillance and the police often climbed over the wall or onto the roof, or just simply broke into his house. All this seriously disturbed his normal life. He was forced to become homeless. He wandered from place to place for several months, so he could evade arrest.

In January 2001, employees of the local police station and the "610 Office" (2) forcefully arrested him while in the Chaoyang District. They intended to send him to a brainwashing center. During that time he suffered mental anguish from the cruel persecution, affecting his health. It was found that his blood pressure exceeded normal levels by far. He was taken to the hospital for emergency treatment. He lost his freedom immediately after leaving the hospital. Even during the Chinese New Year's Eve, while making dumplings (It's a Chinese tradition.) at home, two policemen watched him. When he went to visit his relatives or friends, policemen would follow him. Because Mr. Chen Fenglin refused to give up his belief in Falun Dafa he was taken to a brainwashing center by employees of the local police station and the "610 Office" on July 31, 2001. In July 2003 when the police tried to send him to the brainwashing center again he steadfastly refused to obey them. The police went to his home dozens of times to threaten him and sent people to watch him around the clock until the end of the year.

Owing to the long years of imprisonment and mental persecution, his physical and mental health had severely deteriorated. He died in the hospital on July 7, 2004.

Chinese version available at: