Chinese name:
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Case Description:

( Ms. Xie Xia was a native of Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province. She graduated from Sichuan Music Conservatory and worked at different schools during her career. Because she refused to renounce her faithin Falun Gong, Ms. Xie was given one year of forced labor in 2000.

Her last employer, Huayang Vocational Middle School, onfiscated her school-subsidized house for which she had paid her share in full.

In the years that followed, Ms. Xie Xia, a single mother, moved from one place to another to find odd jobs to support herself and her child. As if that was not enough, the local 610 Office often ordered landlords not to rent to her, making her life even harder.

From 2006 to 2009, she was incarcerated at a prison in Henan Province after being arrested for distributing Falun Gong literature there.

She was arrested again on May 28, 2013 while on her way to visit her sick mother. The police took her to Xinjin Brainwashing Center, where they interrogated her with torture. She refused to reveal her name or address, but the police obtained the info after confiscating her ID and subway pass. They brought her to her rental place and confiscated all her Falun Gong books, computer, cellphones, and a phone book, from which they found phone numbers of her brother, son, and ex-husband. The police even interrogated Ms. Xie's brother for a whole night and threatened to have her son's job terminated.

The police brought her back to the brainwashing center after the home raid. They went through her phone book and arrested another Falun Gong practitioner, Mr. Shi. They then pressured her to reveal more information about Mr. Shi by threatening to send her to a detention center. Ms. Xie had no way but made up something to tell the police.

Ms. Xie told her family after being released that she had been given food laced with drugs at the brainwashing center. She was also injected with drugs, and she learned that another practitioner who was also given injections died shortly afterwards.

When Ms. Xie was released later, she was only skin and bones, but her belly was extremely swollen.

The local social security office was instructed to stop her pension in July 2014, but it reinstated her benefits after she filed a lawsuit against it.

Ms. Xie never recovered from the complications of being drugged. She died around May 2016 in Luoyang City, Henan Province, where her son worked. Her face was ashen and her whole body was black and purple at the time of her death.

Related Article in Chinese:


Related articles:|Piano Teacher Succeeds in Getting Pension Reinstated, Still Faces Long Road to Reclaim Confiscated House