Chinese name:
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Case Description:

( Mr. Ding Zuhua, a resident of Huai'an City, Jiangsu Province, was detained 7 times and twice sentenced to 6.5 years in total for refusing to renounce his faith in Falun Gong. He developed cancer after being sentenced to 3 years in prison. He passed away on January 13, 2016 at the age of 73.

Months before his death, he filed a criminal complaint against the former dictator Jiang Zemin in August 2015. However, due to unknown reasons, the complaint was not mailed to the Supreme People's {{Procuratorate}} in time.

Below is the draft of his complaint:

Gaining a Healthy Body

At the end of 1996, I was on the train to Xuzhou City when I heard a professor introducing Falun Gong and saw her taking out a book, {{Zhuan Falun}}. As I love reading, I asked her where I could buy it. She told me to write down my home address and she would mail the book to me.

I received the book after the Chinese New Year in 1997 and started reading it. I also went around Huai'an City looking for an exercise site and finally found it.

I followed the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance to improve myself and be a good person. Since I started practicing Falun Gong in 1997, I have not taken any medicine. I became healthy and all my illnesses such as esophagitis and stomach disease were cured. I also got rid of my bad temper and my neighbors said that I was a changed person. I could also take care of my sick wife while being a farmer.

Arrested Repeatedly

I was arrested seven times, detained twice, sent to brainwashing class three times, and sentenced twice to prison after the persecution of Falun Gong started.

First arrest: Detained for 15 days

In April 4, 2000, I wrote a letter to the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. The letter was transferred to the Huai'an police department and I was arrested and detained for 15 days.

Second arrest: Detained in brainwashing class for 15 days

During the 16th National Congress of the CCP in 2002, Wu Jianghuai and another policemen from the police station arrested me to the brainwashing center. I was detained for 15 days.

Third arrest: Detained for 15 days

I was caring for my gooses on August 27, 2004 when Wang Shijie and Chen Xinhua from the police department came and arrested me. After I was released 15 days later, I went to the Municipal Administrative Reconsideration Office to sue the police department. The person-in-charge accepted my application.

However, the person said that they never received my application when I went to the office two months later to follow up.

I was arrested again in August 12, 2005. Zhao Kai from Huai'an {{610 Office}} threatened me and instigated the police to persecute me.

Fourth arrest: Detained at brainwashing class

On May 15, 2005, Zheng Sibo from the Wuji Town Police Station used violence to stuff me into the car before sending me to Xinghua brainwashing center.

Two people at the brainwashing class monitored and threatened me, saying that they would resort to all means if I refused to write {{guarantee statements}}. Liu Guoquan and another cadre from the town authorities monitored my every movement and deprived me of sleep for several days. They also forced me to write the guarantee statements and tried to transform me.

Fifth arrest: Sentenced to 3.5 years

On August 12, 2005, Zheng Sibo from the Wuji Town Police Station lied that he wanted to talk to me and told me to meet on the street. I was then arrested by Qinghe District police department and interrogated around the clock for five days without being allowed to sleep.

They tried to force me to confess the source of the {{truth-clarification}} materials and forced me to sit on the cement floor with my arms held up and legs straightened. They would slap my mouth with a slipper if I dropped my arms. Officer Wang Jianhuai used a lighter and mosquito coil to burn my underarm, causing scars. He stomped on my calf with his leather shoes causing extreme pain. The police also hit and punch me, causing me to lose consciousness.

While in detention, I was given very little to eat everyday. I was later sent to the detention center and forced to sew more than 1,000 slippers everyday. The excess work made me extremely tired and I had to close my eyes while working.

I was sentenced to 3.5 years by Qinghe District Court in February 23, 2006 and sent to Hongzehu Prison where I was forced to {{transform}}. I was subjected to various torture in the prison, including being forced to squat when talking to a guard and being beaten up by a dozen inmates. I was also being swore at, punished by standing, had my head smashed against the wall, and deprived of sleep.

In an attempt to transform me, the guards hung the chamber pot on my neck and forced me to do labor work overtime. I lost 58 lbs after I was released.

Sixth arrest: Detained at brainwashing class

Zhang Guomin and Jiang Yusheng of Wuji Town Police Station arrested me to Xinghua Brainwashing Class on March 3, 2011. Officer Jiang Longshen threatened to detain me for up to one year if I refused to write the guarantee statements. I was treated as a criminal and had my movement restricted while in custody. I was released on March 25, 2011.

Seventh arrest: Sentenced to 3 years

I was running an errand on April 3, 2014 when Jiang Yusheng followed me. When I was on my way home, Jiang snatched my truth-clarification materials and MP3. The police later broke into my home and ransacked it, confiscating my Falun Gong books, truth-clarification materials, DVDs, etc. Police chief Liu Zhongming allowed me to be released on bail but summoned me four times in ten days in August 2014 for a talk.

I was indicted by the Huai'an District Procuratorate in August 29, 2014 and put on trial in November 26. I defended myself during the trial.

The court sentenced me to three years in prison on December 17, 2015. The sentence and detention had taken a toll on my health. I was unable to eat or sleep and became weak. I requested for a physical exam and was taken to the hospital where I was informed that I had cardia cancer.

The procuratorate and court forced me to have a surgery. They threatened my family that I would be send to the prison if I refused the surgery. The surgery caused my body to suffer great damage again. No words could describe the pain that I have suffered.

Related articles in Chinese:



江苏淮安丁祖华老人含冤去世——生前七次被绑架 三次囚禁洗脑班 遭冤刑六年半







Related articles:|Elderly Farmer Repeatedly Arrested for Telling People About Falun Gong|Additional Persecution News from China – July 8, 2017 (18 Reports)