Chinese name:
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Chenjiaji Brainwashing Center
Case Description:

( Ms. Li Jili was enjoying perfect health after practicing Falun Gong when the Chinese Communist regime launched the attack on her spiritual belief in 1999.

The 63-year-old woman from Wuhan City, Hubei Province was arrested a total of five times over the years and suffered various forms of abuse. During her last detention in 2013, she was injected with unknown drugs that caused headaches, memory problems, and blurred vision.

Upon her release, she was never able to recover from complications arising from being injected with the harmful drugs. The constant pressure for her to give up Falun Gong further aggravated her suffering. She passed away on December 28, 2015.

Three Arrests in One Year

Ms. Li was first arrested on July 21, 1999, the day when the regime openly began its persecution of Falun Gong. She was visiting the Hubei Provincial Appeals Office to seek justice for the practice when she was taken into custody. She wasn't released until late that night.

She was arrested a second time in late December 1999, when she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was sent back to Wuhan, where she was detained for 15 days.

Less than two months later, she was back in custody and wasn't released until the summer of 2001.

Sleep Deprivation in Forced Labor Camp

She was arrested for a fourth time in late 2007 after being reported to the police for talking to people about the persecution of Falun Gong. She developed symptoms of diabetes shortly after her arrest, but the police still gave her one year of forced labor a month later.

Ms. Li was only allowed a couple of hours of sleep per night during her time at Hewan Labor Camp. She was released 7 months later when it was apparent that she was in precarious condition due to the abuse.

Forcibly Injected with Unknown Drugs in Brainwashing Center

Her last arrest took place in September 2013, when a group of policemen broke into her apartment and took her to Zhanjiaji Brainwashing Center.

Ms. Li was forced to read and watch materials slandering Falun Gong. She held firm to her belief, but was made to stand in a dark room for extended periods of time.

The guards injected her with unknown drugs on multiple occasions. The porridge given to her at breakfast tasted strange and bitter, and she suspected it was laced with harmful drugs, as she had diarrhea quite a few times afterwards.

She experienced headaches and memory problems. Her vision also become blurry. Unable to recover, she eventually passed away before the new year.

Related articles:|Woman, 63, Dies after Abuse and Forced Drug Injections Wreaked Havoc on Her Health