Additional Persecution News from China - May 17, 2009 (15 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 14 cities and counties in 8 provinces. Twenty-four practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during their detention and at least 36 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Many Practitioners Arrested
- [Cangxian County, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Kanzhong and Other Practitioners Sentenced to Prison Terms
- [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhao Dong Arrested and Imprisoned at a Detention Center
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Xu Xiuying, Ms. Li Xiujun and Other Practitioners Sentenced to Prison Terms
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Liu Ying Detained at the Second Detention Center of Zhengzhou City
- [Shanghai City] Ms. Xia Jinqun Arrested
- [Beijing City] Ms. Chen Xiumei and Her Over-70-Year-Old Mother Arrested
- [Chongqing City] Mr. Liu Yalin Persecuted
- [Xiajiang County, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Chen Juxiang, Mr. Yao Wendong and Others Arrested
- [Xianning City, Hubei Province] Ms. Shao Chunrong Arrested
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Qingfang and Eight Practitioners Arrested and Their Whereabouts Unknown
- [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Li Bin Arrested
- [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Lin Yongxu and His Wife Arrested
- [Luohe City, Henan Province] Ms. Gong Tianlan Arrested
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. He Yan Persecuted and Her Life in Danger
1. [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Many Practitioners Arrested
Between 2 and 6 a.m. on May 14, 2009, police from the National Security Division broke into several practitioners' homes. They ransacked their homes and confiscated many of their personal belongings. They arrested practitioners Mr. Liu Xuegang and his wife Ms. Zhong Li, Mr. Wang Xinchun and his wife Ms. Wang Shugui, Ms. Fu Meiling, Mr. Xue Fuchun, Ms. Zhang Huiling and her husband, and did not even spare their five-year-old grandson.
The home of Mr. Xiang Hongfu and his wife Ms. Yu Shuqin, as well as the home
of their son Mr. Xiang Bin and daughter-in-law Ms. Huang Yingjie, was ransacked
and their computer, printer and Falun Dafa books were confiscated.
In the Hengshan District, Mr. Zhang Xinkuang, Ms. Liu Xuechun, her elder sister Ms. Liu Xueqin, and her brother-in-law Mr. Zhang Changlin were arrested by Xu Yajuan, head of the community, and police from the Hengshan Public Security Bureau and Zhangxin Police Station. They ransacked Liu Xueqin's home and his computers, printers and some other personal belongings were confiscated.
2. [Cangxian County, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Kanzhong and Other Practitioners Sentenced to Prison Terms
Mr. Zhang Kanzhong, Ms. Zhao Junfeng, Mr. Liu Rujun, Mr. Li Bing'an and Mr. Pu Jinfeng from Cangxian County were arrested with the excuse of "Safeguarding the Olympic Games" in the spring of 2008 by Zhou Linhua, Yan Xiuwei and other police officers from the National Security Division of the Cangxian County Public Security Bureau. On May 8, 2009, Cangxian County Court illegally sentenced Mr. Pu Jinfeng to six years, Ms. Zhao Junfeng to five years, Mr. Zhang Kanzhong to four years and six months, Mr. Li Bing'an to four years, and Mr. Liu Rujun to three years and six months of prison.
3. [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhao Dong Arrested and Imprisoned at a Detention Center
Mr. Zhao Dong, 38 years old, from the Chengde Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. in Chengde City was arrested at his home in 2008 before the Olympic Games by police from the Gangchen Public Security Division and the head of the 610 Office. Mr. Zhao escaped from the detention center and became homeless to avoid further persecution. On May 8, 2009, Mr. Zhao went to his office to work and was arrested again by Liu Lining and Li Fenglin. He is held at the Shuangtasi Detention Center in Chengde City.
Lin Shugang, director at the Gangchen Public Security Division: 86-139-03142842
Liu Lining, deputy director at the Gangchen Public Security Division: 86-138-03149619
Li Fenglin, head of the National Security Division: 86-13730146986, 86-314-4074592, 86-314-4081910
4. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Xu Xiuying, Ms. Li Xiujun and Other Practitioners Sentenced to Prison Terms
At around 10:00 a.m. on May 15, 2009, Ms. Xu Xiuying and Ms. Li Xiujun were each sentenced to a five-year prison term by the First Chamber of the Dashan First Detention Center of Laoshan Court of Qingdao City. Ms. You Shirong in Qingdao City was sentenced to a four-year prison term by the Sifang District Court in Qingdao City.
5. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Liu Ying Detained at the Second Detention Center of Zhengzhou City
Ms. Liu Ying of Zhengzhou City was arrested by officials from the Erqi District during the Olympic Games when she was exposing the persecution. She has been detained at the Second Detention Center of Zhengzhou City. The detention center didn't allow any family visits.
6. [Shanghai City] Ms. Xia Jinqun Arrested
At 11:30 a.m. on April 28, 2009, Ms. Xia Jinqun, 60 years old, was arrested by police from the Cailu Police Station at the home of her over-80-year-old mother in Chunlei Village, Cailu Street, Heqing Town, Pudong New District. She is detained at the Zhangjiang Detention Center.
7. [Beijing City] Ms. Chen Xiumei and Her Over-70-Year-Old Mother Arrested
At 6:00 p.m. on May 14, 2009, police from Andingmen Police Station, Dongcheng District, Beijing broke into Ms. Chen Xiumei's home and arrested her and her elderly mother. Their whereabouts are unknown.
8. [Chongqing City] Mr. Liu Yalin Persecuted
Mr. Liu Yalin has been detained at the Yongchuan Prison Hospital in
Chongqing. Since April 1, 2009, Mr. Liu has suffered high blood pressure. Since
April 25, he has vomited blood on numerous occasions. On April 29, the hospital
staff injected unknown drugs into his body. Mr. Liu instantly suffered from
asthmatic attacks and tremors in his hands and feet. Next, they appeared to be
injecting drugs to lower his blood pressure; however, his blood pressure rose
Prison Discipline Office of the Yongchuan Prison: 86-23-49890529
Prison Executive Branch: 86-23-49890527
Attorney Supervisory Room: 86-23-49838099
9. [Xiajiang County, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Chen Juxiang, Mr. Yao Wendong and Others Arrested
On May 15, 2009, Ms. Chen Juxiang and her husband (a non-practitioner), and Mr. Yao Wendong and his wife from Shuibian Town, Xiajiang County were illegally arrested by police from Nanchang City. Their whereabouts are unknown.
10. [Xianning City, Hubei Province] Ms. Shao Chunrong Arrested
At about 2:00 p.m. on March 6, 2009, four policemen with Xu Feng, head of the Maqiao Police Station in Maqiao Town, Xianning City, in charge broke into Ms. Shao Chunrong's store and arrested her without a warrant.
Ms. Shao Chunrong lost consciousness due to high blood pressure. Therefore, she was released. However, the police forced Ms. Shao's husband and daughter to sign a document guaranteeing that once she recovered, they could take her away again.
11. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Qingfang and Eight Practitioners Arrested and Their Whereabouts Unknown
12. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Li Bin Arrested
On May 8, 2009, officials from the Xifei Company in Yanliang District arrested Ms. Xi'an at work. Her whereabouts are unknown.
13. [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Lin Yongxu and His Wife Arrested
In February 2009, Mr. Lin Yongxu and his wife Ms. Li Sujuan were arrested in
Beijing when they changed to a train from Liaoning Province to return to their
hometown of Zhuhai City.
In March 2009, police found some Falun Dafa materials in their luggage. Mr. Lin Yongxu was sentenced to a three-year term at a labor camp because of having the materials. He was taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Liaoning Province. His wife Li Sujuan was taken to Zhuhai City. Zhuhai City 610 Office agents took her to the Sanshui Brainwashing Center in Guangdong Province.
14. [Luohe City, Henan Province] Ms. Gong Tianlan Arrested
Ms. Gong Tianlan was arrested by seven police officers. Wang, the political commissar, and Yang Jie from the Yuanhui District Public Security Branch in Luohe City were in charge. Ms. Gong's home was ransacked and her TV and telephone were confiscated.
15. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. He Yan Persecuted and Her Life in Danger
In August 2008, Ms. He Yan from Tangshan City was taken into custody and detained at the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp. In October, she had blood in her stool, went into septic shock, and developed serious heart disease. Ms. He Yan was inhumanly beaten by officer Lu Haicun because she did not cooperate. Months later, she still feels tightness in her chest and has numbness in her left shoulder.
Zhang Guojun, Hebei 610 Office: 86-311-879-06310, 86-311-879-06898
Xu Deshan, Head of the First Hebei Forced Labor Camp: 86-315-3362702