Crimes Committed Recently in the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp
(Clearwisdom.et) Below are some of the details of the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp, Jiutai City, Jilin Province.
1. Li Yunbo, political head of the "Strict Control Team," and Yu Mingzhu, head of the "Transformation Team," incited inmates to beat and verbally abuse detained practitioners. Many of them were mistreated or tortured by Li Yubo himself or inmates incited by him.
2. At night on March 1, 2009, inmates Zhang Lei and Wang Xiaoguang, plotted to tie up practitioner Mr. Shen Weiliang. They were stopped by practitioner Mr. Zhang Guosheng. The next day, Zhang Lei and Wang Xiaoguang complained to Yu Mingzhu about Mr. Zhang Guosheng. Yu Mingzhu then forced Mr. Zhang Guosheng to sit on a small stool for a long time. Mr. Zhang Guosheng argued with Yu Mingzhu, and Mr. Zhang was then beaten by Yu Mingzhu, Zhang Lei and Wang Xiaoguang. As a result, Mr. Zhang's face and eyes became deformed due to swelling. His lower back and legs were injured severely. He needed to be supported by two people to go downstairs to the canteen. At this time, he has not recovered; still, the authorities of the labor camp do not allow him to receive medical treatment.
3. Mr. Xin Jianfu, 30s, lived in Eru Township, Qianguo County, Songyuan City. He was taken to the labor camp on August 5, 2008. He was in the "Strict Control Team" for the first 7 days. During this period, he was beaten black and blue by Li Yunbo. His entire face was swollen and bruised.
4. Mr. Sun Zhanguo is over 40 years old. On June 13, 2007, he was arrested by police from the Anzi Town Police Station in Qianan County. On June 6, 2008 when he was released, he was directly taken to Qianan County Detention Center. On June 25, 2008, he was taken to Jiutai City Forced Labor Camp again for 11/2 years of forced labor. The justification for the sentence was Mr. Sun's wish to continue in practicing Falun Gong.
5. Since practitioner Mr. Xu Jun was persecuted to death in February 2009, the guards prohibited practitioners from making any phone call for one month, saying that the phone was out of order. Presently, the guards increased the phone fees to make it more difficult to call. Also, the practitioners were prohibited from taking a shower.
6. Guard Zhang Yunpeng incited inmates against the practitioners. He forced everyone to sit on a small stool for one hour after work, claiming that some practitioners closed their eyes during "study."
7. The authorities at the labor camp intercepted the practitioners' letters at will and and opened them to read. In addition, they forced the practitioners to labor for as long as 17 hours per day and also sit on small stools for a long time.