Ms. Fan Ying, a Falun Gong practitioner from Shuangliu County, Sichuan Province, was illegally sentenced to five years of imprisonment, and her family members were not allowed to visit her for several years. Although she finished her term between August and September 2008, Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials continued to persecute her by sending her to Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Ms. Fan has been persecuted to the extent that she can now no longer take care of herself. Her daughter, Liu Lijuan, who is a high school student, has not seen her mother since April 2003. Ms. Liu has filed a lawsuit to seek justice for her mother.

The following is the lawsuit filed by Fan Ying's daughter. She calls for the immediate and unconditional release of her mother, Fan Ying, and for the defendants to be brought to justice.

Plaintiff: Liu Lijuan, a third-year student at Tanghu High School in Shuangliu County. Resides at Sichuan Gears Factory

Defendants: (1) 610 Office personnel in Shuangliu County: Yu Min, Zhang Hao, Zhang Yun, Hu Yuezhong. (2) Wenxin Police Station officers: Xiong Youming, Chen Huichang, Zhang Wencai. (3) Police Station Division Head at Sichuan Gears Factory: He Jiwei. (4) Party Secretary at Sichuan Gears Factory: Li Shilin. (5) Community officials: Zhang Qihong, Ning Shunchang, Liu Shiping, Fang Zhaojie, Tu Tianming, Gao Qingping, He Tianshu, and Xie Hongzhang. (6) Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp guard Li Qi and prisoner Chen Qi

My name is Liu Lijuan, and I am the daughter of Falun Gong practitioner Fan Ying. My mother worked at the Sichuan Gears Factory. She worked very hard for her factory, and she was respected as a good person. However, because my mother persevered in cultivating Falun Dafa and believing in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance the CCP has cruelly persecuted her since July 20, 1999. To clarify the truth about Falun Gong, my mother sent informational CDs to the Party secretary at a workshop. She was reported and detained for 15 days.

My mother has been detained four times already. Once on a train trip to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, she was recognized by salesperson Chan Xiaorong who was on a business trip. As a result, my mother was brought back. Since my mother firmly believed in Dafa, she was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor on August 25, 2000, without a trial.

During those one and a half years, my mother suffered from all kinds of torture at Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp. For example, she was detained in a small room, she was shocked with electric batons, she was given physical punishment, and she was hung up and beaten. She did not give up her belief, and for this they extended her term six more months. From September 15 to18, 2002, guards Li Qi, Yin Dang, and Li Xia brought 20 prisoners from other teams. With 30 drug addicts from Team Eight, altogether 50 prisoners were ordered in groups to brutally beat Falun Dafa practitioners. My mother uncompromisingly protested the persecution, but she was beaten so severely by 12 prisoners that she lost consciousness.

On the evening of September 30, 2002, a group was inspecting Nanmusi Labor Camp. My mother shouted in the small cell to expose the guards' persecution. The tortures that my mother suffered includes: (1) Being shackled to a window and forced to stand for a long period of time. As a result her feet became swollen. (2) Electric batons of high voltage were used to shock her mouth, neck, hands, shoulders, and buttocks.

Just one day after my mother had returned home from the labor camp, she was forcibly arrested by officials from the 610 Office of Shuangliu County, the Wenxing Town Police Station, and Sichuan Gears Factory police division. She was taken to a Zhengxing brainwashing session. My mother steadfastly resisted the persecution, and she escaped from that evil den in mid-October, 2002. Half a month later, believing that she had done nothing wrong and wanting to be a good and dignified person, she went back to work at the workshop of Sichuan Gears Factory. The head of the workshop and my mother's coworkers thought she was a good employee, so the head immediately arranged for her to work.

After my mother had worked for six months, CCP officials went to the factory to arrest her on April 15, 2003. The workshop head said that my mother was a responsible and good worker, and the authorities' attempt to arrest her failed. On April 16, 2003, the National Security Department at Shuangliu suddenly broke into the workshop and arrested my mother. The second day they came to my home and ransacked it. They took pictures and confiscated all Dafa books and truth-clarification CDs. In the evening they took my mother directly to Shuangliu Detention Center and forcibly interrogated her. My mother was beaten. To protest the persecution, she went on hunger strike for ten days. Later, when she was unconscious, she was handcuffed and taken to the United Clinic at Shuangliu, where she was given an infusion. After my mother regained consciousness, she took a chance to hide for eight hours in a store on Yiganqi Street in Shuangliu County. The police canvassed the whole area of the Shuangliu District and finally found her. She was beaten and covered with bruises and blood.

The officials took my mom back to the detention center and put in heavier handcuffs and shackles. The police cruelly interrogated her in order to try to force her to speak out against other Falun Gong practitioners that she knew. To oppose this, my mother went on another hunger strike for more than 50 days. At 2:00 a.m. one night, she was taken to Zhonghe Township Hospital in the Shuangliu District where medication was injected into against her will. After she woke up, she pulled out the needle, jumped out of the building, and walked away unmolested with her strong righteous thoughts.

Officials sent out an Arrest Warrant for my mother everywhere in Sichuan Province. They also posted rewards of 10,000 yuan to apprehend her at the Sichuan Gears Factory. They even searched all the houses of every Falun Gong practitioner in Shuangliu City. Several days later (on July 28), when my mother returned home to get some clothes, unfortunately, my greedy father (they had already divorced) reported her to the CCP officials in order to get the reward. Later on, my father only got 800 yuan for reward. More than 24 officials from the 610 Office in the Shuangliu District, the National Security Department, Wenxing Police Station, and the Security Department at Sichuan Gears Factory surrounded my mother, illegally arrested her, and later on took her to the detention center again. They brutally beaten her until she fell into a dead faint.

The CCP agents thought that my mother was dead, so they informed her family to come get her body. My father refused to go, and my aunt couldn't get there in a timely manner due to long distance she would have had to travel. When my aunt called the detention center again, they informed her that my mother had miraculously come to. They refused to allow my aunt to visit her.

October 8, 2003, the CCP court sentenced my mother to forced labor for five and a half years for the crime of "Escaping." When they announced the sentence to her, nobody from my family had been informed to be present.

When my mother was illegally detained in Longquanyi Prison, they didn't allow anybody to visit her, nor did they allow anyone to bring her anything. It was said that she had been beaten once by a criminal there called Wang Xiuqing because she refused to put on the clothes worn by criminals. Wang Xiuqing has since suffered from karmic retribution. We wondered if my mother had been subjected to other incidents of brutal persecution in the prison, but we couldn't get any detailed information about her.

About August or September 2008 my mother's term of imprisonment ended. We haven't seen her since April 2003. It has been said that after she was released from the prison, she was taken to Xinjin Brainwashing Center. By now, she has been persecuted to the edge of death, and she cannot take care of herself.

I sincerely appeal to those righteous and decent people who have power to help my mother:

  1. Please immediately set my mother, Ms. Fan Ying, free.
  2. Please prosecute and investigate all the criminal offenses committed by the bad people and bring them to justice.

Plaintiff: Liu Lijuan

February, 2009